Where to buy R&R Hawk 127 Cockpit/Nose Correction?

Title pretty much says it..I tried the email address provided. No response.

Also tried Googling "R&R Models" with only a couple RC aircraft and model railroad sites being the top hits.

Here's the set in question:

http://scalespot.com/reviews/rrhawk127/rrhawk127.htm

Thanks!

-Awan :cheers:

EDIT: Along the same lines..does anyone do a replacement decal sheet for the Canada decals in the Airfix kit? I'm pretty sure Mike Grant did one, but are there other options?

Edited by AnthonyWan

Anthony,

Unfortunately I can't help with your question about the R&R Models conversion set; it's a pity that you've had no response to your email as this appears to be the only method of obtaining it..... You might try posing your question on the Aussiemodeller forum, as some retailers are present there and may know of some stocks, or indeed the original proprietor (who is an unknown to me; my guess as to who might have carried it, Red Roo Models, was wrong - but could still be worth an email?). Someone very knowledgeable on the Mk. 127 is Darren Mottram (who is contactable via the address on his website, and whose Hawk articles are linked on the scalespot review); I'm sure he would be happy to help with any questions you might have about 100 series Hawks in general, and Australian Hawks in particular.

As for the Canadian markings, Leading Edge Decals (scroll halfway down the page) have a set in 48th and they are a fine set of decals; my sheet in 72nd is excellent. These photos by Derek Heyes (HAZER) might be of interest, if you weren't already aware of them.

All the best,

Andrew (trying to boost his link per post quotient).

Anthony,

Unfortunately I can't help with your question about the R&R Models conversion set; it's a pity that you've had no response to your email as this appears to be the only method of obtaining it..... You might try posing your question on the Aussiemodeller forum, as some retailers are present there and may know of some stocks, or indeed the original proprietor (who is an unknown to me; my guess as to who might have carried it, Red Roo Models, was wrong - but could still be worth an email?). Someone very knowledgeable on the Mk. 127 is Darren Mottram (who is contactable via the address on his website, and whose Hawk articles are linked on the scalespot review); I'm sure he would be happy to help with any questions you might have about 100 series Hawks in general, and Australian Hawks in particular.

As for the Canadian markings, Leading Edge Decals (scroll halfway down the page) have a set in 48th and they are a fine set of decals; my sheet in 72nd is excellent. These photos by Derek Heyes (HAZER) might be of interest, if you weren't already aware of them.

All the best,

Andrew (trying to boost his link per post quotient).

That was very helpful Andrew! Thanks so much. :D

The LEM decal sheet was exactly what I was looking for - and the reference links for you provided have all been bookmarked for use. Some great pictures there :salute:

I posted my message on the AussieModeler forums..We'll see what happens now :salute:

Take care,

-Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I don't know if you are still looking for the set, but I came across this, the HiPlanes 1/48 BAe Hawk 127. It isn't quite what your looking for as it is a complete kit in itself, but it might be an alternative it you can't find the R&R conversion. I havent built the kit, but from the few reveiws I have read it seems to be a nice kit (here's a review on Hyperscale).

Tom

Edited by blackhawk7

A few years ago, I ordered 2 sets of these, one for me and one for Quiddy. I ended up selling mine, Quiddy built his, his "in progress" stuff should still be up if you want to look for it. It is an impressive set, lots of resin for the money, the tub and replacement nose were very well molded, as were the seats. It was pricey to bring over though. It cost us about $90 CDN combined for our 2 sets. I wish I still had mine, times were tough for a bit so I had to liquidate some of my stash.

edit: Here's Quiddy's build tread http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....amp;hl=Hawk+155