- - Just see it ! Its got it all from Helicopter Gunships, to Tree Hugging Aliens .............

Yes CGI but Very well done and with an intelligent, well scripted storyline......and did I mention the helicopter gunships ?

I aggree 10/10 ! (and thats after seeing it in 2D, [i didn't whant a splitting headache !])

Edited by ixgr1
I wanna see this movie......but whatever you do...don´t watch the latest trailer, feels like it gives away too much :/

I seen all the trailers, you don't get the whole story....

- - Just see it ! Its got it all from Helicopter Gunships, to Tree Hugging Aliens .............

Yes CGI but Very well done and with an intelligent, well scripted storyline......and did I mention the helicopter gunships ?

I aggree 10/10 ! (and thats after seeing it in 2D, [i didn't whant a splitting headache !])

You shouldn't get a headache.... I get bad migraines sometimes and it didn't affect me at all...

What ever you have to do... see this movie in 3D!! You won't be disappointed at all!

I seen all the trailers, you don't get the whole story....

You shouldn't get a headache.... I get bad migraines sometimes and it didn't affect me at all...

What ever you have to do... see this movie in 3D!! You won't be disappointed at all!

So I assume that every theatre will be handing out 3D glasses for this one, eh? Living here in Podunk, Ohio, IMAX is just a curiosity that the rest of the outside world gets to experience. I easily get motion sick (and migraines), so I might be another one to stick to good old 2D, the trailer looked good to me that way.

OMG! I just got back from seeing it in IMAX. The 3-D is incredible, you just have to experience it, its a very realistic depth perception. The jungle was incredible, the animals were well thought out, but a little to similar to earth animals maybe. The story is fairly simple and straightforward, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

I really wouldn't worry much about the 3-D. It's very natural and you just forget about it after a while. If you have to leave, leave but really don't miss the experience.

(as Ahnold:) GET TO DA CHOPPA! GO NOW!

Edited by Fustercluck

Hoping to see this next weekend as we'll be in Omaha for the holiday.

I take it the film can be viewed in 2-D? Because of my visual impairment, I've never been able to use 3-D glasses or VR goggles. So, is the film shown in 2-D when not screened at an IMAX theater? Or will I have to wait for the DVD?

cheers

Old Blind Dog

Completely agree with the ratings of this movie. 10/10. I saw it in 2D, because the 3D glasses don't fit well over my glasses....so I tend to get alot of blurriness. Maybe I'll see it at the IMAX downtown with my contacts tomorrow night.

Regardless...go see this movie!

I just saw it, I thought it was a B, maybe 6 or 7 out of 10. I can't put my finger on why, exactly. Unfortunately here in Podunk, not only have they never heard of IMAX, they don't even hand out 3D glasses, so only 2D for us poor hicks I guess. Even so, my head is pounding. Lots of good stuff, some things that made me go "hmmm?" , and the entire time I was thinking how badly this one would go over with some segments of our society. Definitely not one for the folks that don't like 'message' movies, and perhaps a little slower than the previews may lead us to believe.

Hoping to see this next weekend as we'll be in Omaha for the holiday.

I take it the film can be viewed in 2-D? Because of my visual impairment, I've never been able to use 3-D glasses or VR goggles. So, is the film shown in 2-D when not screened at an IMAX theater? Or will I have to wait for the DVD?

cheers

Old Blind Dog

OBD, it's showing in theaters without the 3D as well ...

Gregg

Is the race repression message very strong through the movie. Lori is dead keen to see it and as an SF buff It catches my interest as well but I am NOT too keen on message movies. I like to be entertained, not go away feeling like I owe something to somebody.

Is the race repression message very strong through the movie. Lori is dead keen to see it and as an SF buff It catches my interest as well but I am NOT too keen on message movies. I like to be entertained, not go away feeling like I owe something to somebody.

IMHO one of the reasons I didn't like it as much as I thought I would, was not that it was a message movie (which I don't mind, and it definitely is one) but that its a bit heavy handed message movie.

One example (spoiler alert)

Its not enough that the tribe is 'one with nature', and actually physically interfaces with nature and revere it, but Cameron adds a further layer that their spirits actually live in the planet after they die(ala Star Wars "the force is in all living things") and these spirits can control/influence the behaviors of the creature that live on the planet. I thought that was bit over the top to make his point. If you are of the mindset that might makes right, that a country has the right to take what it needs and that justifies the means it uses, that corporate monetary concerns trump basic human(?) rights, etc... you might not like how thats portrayed.Yes, race repression plays a big part in the movie ("blue monkeys, savages" etc...)

Edited by JasonB
Just got home now from seeing Avatar 3D at Weta Digial's showing at work....... :sunrevolves:

10 out of 10!!

I believe it is a Leftie lecture on the evils of Capitalism and Colonialism. If I want a lecture,a Tut ,Tut and a spanking I can get it for free from my wife. It's in 3D too!

rapa

Just got home now from seeing Avatar 3D at Weta Digial's showing at work....... :sunrevolves:

10 out of 10!!

I believe it is a Leftie lecture on the evils of Capitalism and Colonialism. If I want a lecture,a Tut ,Tut and a spanking I can get it for free from my wife. It's in 3D too!

rapa