Wanna build one for my wife's father,who used to be a PLANAF H-5 pilot.

Did a quick research by nothing turned out with "Il-28" or "H-5".

Any idea,please? :D

TIA,

Yufei

Italeri & Bilek both do an Il-28 in 1:72 scale - they are probably the same kit ??

Trumpeter also make one.

Ken

Italeri & Bilek both do an Il-28 in 1:72 scale - they are probably the same kit ??

Trumpeter also make one.

Ken

Thanks for the quick response,Ken!

AFAIK,Italeri=Bilek

Besides the old Tamiya 1/100 kit,which one is better?Trumpeter or Italeri?

Italeri = Bilek!

I can't say how they compare or how it builds up, but ,for whatever it's worth, the Trumpeter kit looks rather nice in the box.

Have a look at THIS IN-BOX REVIEW of the Trumpeter Harbin H-5, which suggests that certain details are better for a H-5 than for the Il-28. So if your aim is to build a H-5, go with Trumpeter. :D

The Italeri and Bilek kits are identical. The Trumpeter kit descended from them and was slightly retouched in tooling to reflect a few extra lumps, bumps and vents that the H-5 had that the Il-28 did not.

As long as Trumpeter worked within the outlines set by Bilek when they originally tooled it and didn't change anything dimensionally, theirs would probably be best for an H-5.

The Harbin H5 had a different shape of tail turret from the original Soviet Il-28.

I have some walkround photos of a Romanian H5 somewhere.......

They were all originally over on Linden Hill's website here.

The 'general' shots are still there - but the links to the 'detail' photos have become broken....

Ken

Ive had all three in 1/72, and there isn't enough greatness among them to call any of them stellar. They are all adequate in their way, i.e., they are models and they represent the 'Beagle' well.

- The Airfix is 60's molding - raised lines, nice shape/outline but no interiors or detail touches.

- Italeri/Bilek is better with too-big engraved lines, some attention to small detail and some glaring overscale bits.

- Trumpeter is about the same as the Bilek, being a different taste of the same sort of thing.

If I were to go for a super detail, contest winner in Gods Own Scale, I'd use the Airfix with its better shape. I'd add all the AM resin available and engrave my own scale lines. If I wanted to forgo all that, and just build my dad an H-5 - it would be the Trumpeter.

I reckon the Beagle is one of those major Russian aircraft, practically ignored by the kitmakers. It was the first Russian jet bomber, built in huge numbers and used all over the world. 1/48 would be nice, but it aint happened yet, except in vac-form. Maybe Trumpy is listening.

Just google "Il-28," ... and try adding "1/72" or "walkaround"

Edited by dahut
Wanna build one for my wife's father,who used to be a PLANAF H-5 pilot.

Did a quick research by nothing turned out with "Il-28" or "H-5".

Hello Yufei

Italeri reboxed Bilek Il-28 wich is nice kit and pretty accurate model ..

beside Il-28 Bilek make nice model of Il-28U.

There was Airfix kit too but it is not so accurate..

Trumpeter was "inspired" by Bilek,and they made kit wich is easier to build but (i do not have any idea why) is less accurate model than Bilek:((

Trumpeter is cheaper too.

I am very glad to see that you will work on this subject and i hope that we will see soon in progress shots here

BR

Svetozar

Edited by flanker
  • 5 months later...

Hello !

I dig this post up to ask if you guys know the differences between the classic and the photo recon Harbins (especially those used by the Romanian AF)

Thanks in advance :)

I was hoping Revell-Germany would do one in 1/48. I'm sure it would be significantly cheaper than Trumpeter's and I'm sure there's plenty of airframes in Eastern Europe to study the Ilyushin variant rather than basing it on the Harbin production aircraft as Trumpeter is sure to do. This is an aircraft that's long overdue for a 1/48th kit IMHO.

Thanks for the info,guys!

I'll go with Trumpy this time.:woo:

BTW,Trumpy is developing a 1/48 Beagle which was begun about 1 year ago.

Dunno the recent progress though.

Thanks a lot!

Yufei

Hell I missed this one.....one more add to the Rumourmongers list

I was hoping Revell-Germany would do one in 1/48. I'm sure it would be significantly cheaper than Trumpeter's and I'm sure there's plenty of airframes in Eastern Europe to study the Ilyushin variant rather than basing it on the Harbin production aircraft as Trumpeter is sure to do. This is an aircraft that's long overdue for a 1/48th kit IMHO.

I wouldn't hold my breath for Revell GmbH to do something like that. It didn't have swastikas on it.

J

Hello !

I dig this post up to ask if you guys know the differences between the classic and the photo recon Harbins (especially those used by the Romanian AF)

Thanks in advance ;)

I don't know aabout Harbins, but some variants of Il-28 used by Warsaw Pact have bigger and different shaped landing gear doors and naceles underside.

I don't know aabout Harbins, but some variants of Il-28 used by Warsaw Pact have bigger and different shaped landing gear doors and naceles underside.

Recce variants that is (larger wheel diameter -> bigger wheel well). There is no model (Bilek/Trumpy) with correct landing gear for recce Beagles.

Left ->recce Beagle with large wheel and wider engine nacelle,

Right -> standard nacelle with normal size wheel.

il28gondole.jpg

• 8 years later...
On 12/17/2009 at 5:52 PM, haneto said:

BTW,Trumpy is developing a 1/48 Beagle which was begun about 1 year ago.

LOL.   Apparently progress is pretty slow at Trumpeter.  They must have put this with the 1/32 TBD on the release list.

Early bird.  Worm.  All that.