'41 Willys Gasser

Start of the Revell Willys kit, very very nice kit as far model cars go. I don't like the engine and trasmission in the kit. Just a personal choice, I perfer Ford power. So I'm kit bashing it with the 427 engine and C6 automatic transmission from the '64 Fairlane kit by Revell. I hope to capture the look of a mid 60s Gasser. If you like Drag cars from the '60s I would highly recommend both kits.

BBS.jpg

BBBX.jpg

Willys03.jpg

Willys04.jpg

Just about done with the chassis. I scratch built a steering box and brake pedal assembly. Added some bolts to the chassis, suspension and floor. I filled the injector/scoop hole in the hood and also removed the chrome trim. Hope in the next week to have the chassis painted. I hope to get better pictures with my 35mm.

Speedster

speedster.

Wow this will be something to see when it is done...

Erm... I cannot imagine what size it will..so may I ask how high will it stand and its length, in another words what size overall will this be..

I am looking forward to seeing this sweet little number.. :cheers:

woo hoo..woo hooo..

HOLMES :cheers::banana:

Edited by HOLMES
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great job so far!!!

I used to drive something similar in my younger and wilder days. Looks like you're on the right track!!! Ha!!! No pun intended!

Cheers

Keith

PS .. Agreed. You might want to move this to the Cars forum.