Revell 1/72 Westland Lysander Mk. II

Hello everybody.

Not just a newbie to this forum but also a newbie to modelling (apart from the odd Ferrari when I was much younger). I've only ever built one plane before this one so I'm learning every step of the way. By using this forum as a school I have learnt much and still do every day.

One of my favourite posts is by a member called Chuckw. It's not just the builds he does but also the comic / cartoon way he posts. As I'm not very good at writing lengthy descriptive chapters, and being a fan of graphic novels, Chuck gave me the idea of posting just short descriptions of whats going on in the photos themselves, I hope it works, lol. :wub:

I am about 3/4 the way through the model at the moment but I have been saving all my photos so I could do this post, so a lot will be posted over the next day or two.

Thanks again to all you guys on this forum for all your help, now lets get on with the build.

The model is a Revell Westland Lysander Mk. II which someone got for me when they found out I was into modelling and i must say it's a cool looking plane, lets hope I can do it justice....

WLy-001.jpg

WLy-002.jpg

WLy-003.jpg

WLy-004.jpg

More to come very soon.

Thanks for looking.

• 1 month later...

Great job on the Lysander........man those panel lines are deep n' wide (Matchbox trencher!)

Can't believe you're new to the hobby! Good idea to practice skills on an older cheap kit.......the shake and bake kits are not so good for that

Looks like Chuk's great idea of text in the photos is catching on!

Cheers

paul in NZ

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated.

Yep those panel lines are deeeep, if they were scaled up to 1:1 you could fit your head in them, lol, :crying2: I've been looking around for a good quality set of scribes but all I can find (in the UK) are the cheap chinese eBay specials, my other problem is knowing when to stop!

Thanks again,

Baz.