time for another update!!

Even tho it may seem like I am taking my time...all my modeling time has been used on this kit.

I have all the cockpit painting and weathering done and I am just getting the bits and pieces ready for flat coat. I will either be doing that tomorrow or tues...depending on how busy work is.

on to the pictures!!!:

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

076.jpg

077.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

Gorgeous - I love the 'brown' wash on the engine...

Thanks!!

it was the only way I could think of to show the "shadows" on a black engine. I hate it when people use a lighter colour to show the shadows!!!! plus the brown looks liek oil/grime/dirt building up.

Sean

More progress on the mighty Spit!!!

The cockpit is finished and the flat coat is on. As I am typing this the first seam on the fuselage is drying. I hope to be painting this soon :thumbsup:

here are some pictures of the cockpit before I glued it all together:

078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

083.jpg

086.jpg

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update on my progress. I have been working on a lot of the smaller pieces on this kit. Wheels, landing gear, stand, control surfaces, radiators, props...etc, etc.

Getting very close to the pre-shade stage and I am getting pretty excited.

here are a few pics.

landing gear

087.jpg

prop

090.jpg

overall shot

088.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Sean

Edited by martin_sam_2000
Good model is comeing. Keep working, mate. Realy great start. :thumbsup:

Thanks,

I am really loving this model. It is an easy build, and it turns out looking great. For anyone who is stuck in that modeling slump(and can afford it) this is a great way to get out of it.

Sean

Wow, excellent work, Sean. I can almost smell the grease, oil, and fuel around your engine it looks so good. Great job in the cockpit as well. Keep it up, I can't wait to see it finished!

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

time for a quick, no-pic update. I have painted the bottom and I have started preshading the top. I should get some pictures up on the site tomorrow so you may see some here. This kit looks SOOO muh better when it is painted..all the little detail just pops out at you!!

Sean

Very good work. I love that cockpit!
Gorgeous work. I'm saving this thread for when Tamiya releases the 1/48 version. (You know they will :banana: )

thanks for the comments guys!!

I never did get those pics on the site but I am hoping to get them up soon. Life is a lot busier than thought it would be!! I managed to get the camo all finished up today and it looks great. I am going to get started on the decals tomorrow. I know there are a few issues with the kit decals, so I am going to take my time and make sure they all settle down properly. the finish line with this one is starting to slowly creep up over the horizon!!

Sean

After many days of procrastinating(mostly because I was working onthe model) I got the latest batch if pics up on my site.

Here are a few that show the progression of the camo painting:

097.jpg

098.jpg

102.jpg

103.jpg

105.jpg

107.jpg

I have since started to decal it and I am happy to say that they roundels went on with minimal issues and should look great after weathering and flat coat!!!

more pics soon...I hope :blink:

Sean

Great progres. Good paiting job :thumbsup:
Great job! The cockpit and engine looks awesome, and the paintjob is top notch.

Thanks, you guys!!. I really wanted to go all out with this so I am using every technique I know!!!! The decals are SLOWLY going on as we speak. at this rate, with this many decals, I am guessing about 2 weeks to decal!!!!

Stay tuned,

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

well..I guess my estimate was pretty close. I finished up the main decals last night. the only ones left are a few on the flaps and the ones on the main landing gear. I got the first bit of sludge wash on today and it is looking good. I should have some updated pictures up soon.

Thanks for looking!

Sean

Long time no talk, but my word Sean! WOW!

You have outdone yourself here. And a Polish bird too! Ah! I my heart melts.

Amazing work shown here. Your weathering both inside and out is stunning. I can't wait to see more!

Mark.

Long time no talk, but my word Sean! WOW!

You have outdone yourself here. And a Polish bird too! Ah! I my heart melts.

Amazing work shown here. Your weathering both inside and out is stunning. I can't wait to see more!

Mark.

thanks mark. This is my pide and joy right now!!! I can't wait to get her finished.

Sean

• 5 weeks later...

well..things have been pretty stagnant on this model. I have been really busy building my GF webpage and online store, and its been a crazy couple of weeks at work, so models have taken a back seat. I should have a bit of work done this weekend, so stay tuned.

Sean

• 3 weeks later...