Hobby Boss 1/48 N/AW A-10 Thunderbolt II ideas??

Finally got this kit off the shelf. I guess this variant never made it to the line units. I'd like to do a cool operational WIF scheme for Iraq or Afghanistan but my limited jet experience could use some ideas. I would like for my plane to have sent one down the pipe of bin Ladens secret lair. Anyone have a spare shark mouth you don't need?

Chris

I have ABD 81FS 52FW A-10 sheet, and plan one day to do a N/AW-10 as a "WIF", sporting Litening pod, GBU-12, DRA, ECM + other goodies TBD

Very interested to see how this turns out - are you planning WIP shots?

Finally got this kit off the shelf. I guess this variant never made it to the line units. I'd like to do a cool operational WIF scheme for Iraq or Afghanistan but my limited jet experience could use some ideas. I would like for my plane to have sent one down the pipe of bin Ladens secret lair. Anyone have a spare shark mouth you don't need?

Chris

Choose wisely. IF the NAW A-10 had gone operational the tails would have been shhorter and the sensors would have been on the sponsons. B) There's good pictures of the rear cockpit here on ARC. Let you imagination run wild and good luck. I built mine as the prototype. Watch the assemby of the engine pods closely. The alignment tabs are the problem and add a block in the engine pipe so you can't see all the way through. :whistle:

Thanks for the info guys, this should be fun. Love that snow camo scheme. Shorter tails, does this mean I need to buy a Revell kit to get the tails? Out of curiosity, why would this need to be done? I'll try to post WIP pics but I just get lost in the build and don't think about it. The pits are done so far so I can get a pic plus the wings are glued, i'll get a pic to show the seam lines before and after clean-up. On the pits, the front panel is so deeply molded I just painted and dry brushed it. I did use the decal in the rear as it was almost without detail.

Thanks again for the input, keep it coming. Suggest some good decals, I should be able to get any and just change the serial number.

Chris