Aint that the truth!!!

It looks very slim, which makes me wonder that there's probably no internal weapons bay yet on this bird. Then again, what do I know.

Jan, take a look at the high res pic:

http://sukhoi.org/img/gallery/wallpaper/1_...29_01_10_30.jpg

Two big-arse weaponbays. Not sure if they are working tho, ala YF-23. And yes, it is a beauty.

It looks very slim, which makes me wonder that there's probably no internal weapons bay yet on this bird. Then again, what do I know.

Looks like there might be a couple down the centreline... I think you can make out doors if you look closely- but I could be wrong.

Also it that shot it does look like the entire vertical tail surface moves. That's awesome, I want one...

More pictures come out, Might have the want to make one for an Foamy R/C.

Design looks pretty simple to replicate and big honking intakes and exhaust for using Ducted fans, to work properly.

Those rudders would do wanders on an R/C bird, nice and big lol.

Looks like there might be a couple down the centreline... I think you can make out doors if you look closely- but I could be wrong.

One right behind the front wheel. Then there is a slim line (in yellow) between, then the next weapon bay starts. They used the length to the max. :)

More pictures come out, Might have the want to make one for an Foamy R/C.

Design looks pretty simple to replicate and big honking intakes and exhaust for using Ducted fans, to work properly.

Those rudders would do wanders on an R/C bird, nice and big lol.

So you're saying they wouldn't let me order the real thing... and I'd have settle for a foamy? :crying2:

One right behind the front wheel. Then there is a slim line (in yellow) between, then the next weapon bay starts. They used the length to the max.

I see it in the high res shot, can't wait to see it in Indian colors (eventually).

Edited by Rapier01
What a beauty! Looks great on the take-off and landing run, looks even better in the air! :crying2:

Definitely looks like a genuine post-Flanker Sukhoi should!

A beauty with clear DNA from its gorgeous predecessor. Hey, kinda like my 11 month old daughter! :D

Very interesting. On the Popular Mehanics november issue first page, looks like perfect match to the real a/c!

tn_800x600_442747_63218_pakfatopsecret.jpg

<...>

Good call! :crying2: The forward fuselage seems a little longer on the real aircraft, but other than that... spot on! Now, insider information or just applied science (form following function and all that)?

Heh, notice how high it stand on it´s landing gear struts? Doesn´t hug the ground like a toad ...well like F-22, I suppose you can put some serious external stores on this baby if you like!

Cheers! (gorgeous machine btw.....well done Sukhoi! :crying2:)

Good call! :crying2: The forward fuselage seems a little longer on the real aircraft, but other than that... spot on! Now, insider information or just applied science (form following function and all that)?

And notice the stinger between engines. A few other difference too in other high res pictures of the rendering. But, i am happy it turned out like PM renderings, i liked it from beginning. :D

has anyone noticed the su-27 engines and landing gear?why do they had to put those engines in this one.i hope this is for the prototype only.

"The prototype was fitted with so-called 4++ engines for today’s flight, the same engines used on the Su-35 fighter, rather than more powerful models planned for the PAK FA, Nezavisimaya Gazeta reported today, without saying where it got the information."

Source

to me it looks like a su-27 legs and wheels + one arm for strength(i hope i expressed my self correctly).

Wheels are wheels.... It's probably a similar weight to the SU.27, so why bother re-inventing the the wheel (literally!)?

Plus it looks good on them, when not engaged in fighting, it can have a secondary use as a farm vehicle :D :crying2: