Uh no. It is still as complex as ever.

F-22RCS.jpg

I agree on both points.

It's the list of reasons why modelers want to buy the 1/48 Hasegawa Raptor instead of the Academy kit. #9 is "No cool idolmaster decals".

Edited by John B
Unless somebody else already stated it here and I didn't see it... my buddy came up with the perfect Nato code name for it (keeping in the tradition of the name starting with "F")....

FACSIMILE!!!! :thumbsup:

I know (I hope) you are only joking...but...

That word does not follow the rules for ASIG (not NATO) reporting names......

It should start with the letter F

It should have only TWO syllables.

It should not be confused with any other reporting name.

It fails on rule 2.

Ken (who's in a pedantic mood right now)

It's the list of reasons why modelers want to buy the 1/48 Hasegawa Raptor instead of the Academy kit. #9 is "No cool idolmaster decals".

:rofl: That was a good one! :whistle:

A good deal of the other posts in this thread do have a tang of "Real Aviation", if not as much as the PAK-FA thread that (thankfully) got buried in "Jet Modelling".

Edited by ChernayaAkula

The 1st and 2nd images look distorted--the 1st looks too flat, and the 2nd too narrow. The proportions look off.

Or is it that I haven't finished my coffee yet?

Remember, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Seriously Waco, this is getting pointless and annoying. I guess i have to quote myself:

" :P "

Well, for my part, no, sorry, not trying to trap anyone--not even sure what that implies. The 1st and 2nd photos just looked squished to me. But hey, I spent all night up with the 3 month old, so I may be seeing things.

I can't speak for Waco, but the little quote he gave you is very common in the US, probably elsewhere as well. I've never seen it intended as anything offensive beyond minor good natured ribbing.

Edited by MarkW

thanks berkut for the pics

to me they look good

1st isn't too flat, looking at the gears of the plane, and seems all right (tires are good width (compared to flankers))

2nd too, maybe just a matter of perspective...

Edited by mingwin
The 1st and 2nd photos just looked squished to me. But hey, I spent all night up with the 3 month old, so I may be seeing things.

Then it's very understandable. I see a lot of odd things after spending part of the night up with my 11 month old...

But to tell the truth, I think the photos look normal. I guess the thing just is so flat.

Roger that!

I still think, on another point, it is wrong to refer to the LERX things as "canards". A canard is a distinct lifting surface with its own center of pressure and moment properties around the CG. The LERX thing does not appear to have a flow through feature, so it won't be an independent control surface like a canard, but more a modifying control surface like a slat. Using the slat analogy, it should slide the body lift curve a bit to the right, meaning the airflow over the body would stay attached at higher AoA.

Can't help but think this is tied to the tiny tail bit too--I'm trying to recall how much of tail sizing is dictated by supersonic stability versus subsonic control.

Of course it could be some goofy cool active boundary layer cloaking device too, who knows?

Edited by MarkW
Well, for my part, no, sorry, not trying to trap anyone--not even sure what that implies.

Hey hey Mark, no need to be sorry. :P :D (it was a light joke from me, considering the last few pages. :))

Then it's very understandable. I see a lot of odd things after spending part of the night up with my 11 month old...

Oh, already 11 months. :)

Can't help but think this is tied to the tiny tail bit too--I'm trying to recall how much of tail sizing is dictated by supersonic stability versus subsonic control.

Of course it could be some goofy cool active boundary layer cloaking device too, who knows?

I think this part is used more for the intake function tbh. Well, we will see as project evolves. :)