Since almighty google haven't been able to find this info, i will say it: T-50-1 is disassembled now for some work. Don't know about exactly what work they will do on it, but it won't fly again until around April. Also, all three flights so far went with no problems. T-50-2 is under assembly, not sure when it will be done.

Okay, speculation about having conversations with the PAK-FA's AI is A-Okay, however, no speculation in regard to what may or may not be weapons bays ... Gotcha ... :cheers: :)

I think i know what's in those armpit fairings - its the computer system that makes the T-50s "artificial intellect" possible! It's Hal 9000!*

The real question here is, did they go with the really cool British accent, a pseudo-British one or an authentic Russian accent?

* Be careful what you say, he's sensitive and he can read lips.

"Armpit" fairings, huh? I think you might be onto something....

350px-Movie_Starscream_promorender2.jpg

Gotta hide those hinges somehow.

I KNEW IT!!!! I knew we were only a couple of weeks away from the T-50 walking on water!

Edited by Trigger
That would be an easy transition for Starscream, to convert from F-22 to PAK-FA. The outer mold line is pure F-22, after all.

Hey, by all means, if you guys want claim to the whiny, incompetent, second class sidekick as personified by Starscream, by all means have him.

Perhaps you have heard of Russian epic, Cinderella? If shoe fits, wear it!

Berkut, is there a chance we'll see photos of the prototype in the new livery, or will that have to wait until it's flying again?

Dunno, nothing surfaced yet. So we don't have choice other than wait.

When i saw the pic, i was a bit on the fence if it was real or not...Considering there was a pic posted from almost same angle earlier. However, i saved it, and it says it was taken 13'th. Which is when third flight occurred. Somebody asked nemetc, so to be certain we will see what he answers.

When i saw the pic, i was a bit on the fence if it was real or not...Considering there was a pic posted from almost same angle earlier. However, i saved it, and it says it was taken 13'th. Which is when third flight occurred. Somebody asked nemetc, so to be certain we will see what he answers.

Number ans stars are obviously photoshopped

it's looks like a photoshopped pic...

clouds/fumes in the background are the same as the "near close angle" previous pic of pak-fa...

(not the exact same angle tough... like if the photo had been taken half-second later)

but since it had been posted by zmey smirnoff himself, i'll rely on, till there's something else to see

thanks zmey!

Edited by mingwin
The hollow star is interesting, too.

But a not a novelty. The camo - and the star - really resemble what was seen on the first prototype of Su-27M (Su-35) back in the days.

I really can't say whether that's real or not. Haven't checked any other forums yet.

I just read a rather glowing assessment of the PAKFA based on analysis of its first flight here.

It concludes that "the only viable strategic survival strategy now remaining for the United States is to terminate the Joint Strike Fighter program immediately, redirect freed funding to further develop the F-22 Raptor, and employ variants of the F-22 aircraft as the primary fighter aircraft for all United States and Allied TACAIR needs."

Could be an element of bias there - this is an Australian website that I've previously noticed has criticised their govt's F-35 JSF decision based on the number of air forces in the region already equipped with Su-27/30s and advanced AAMs...

It concludes that "the only viable strategic survival strategy now remaining for the United States is to terminate the Joint Strike Fighter program immediately, redirect freed funding to further develop the F-22 Raptor, and employ variants of the F-22 aircraft as the primary fighter aircraft for all United States and Allied TACAIR needs."

ONOZ.gif