It concludes that "the only viable strategic survival strategy now remaining for the United States is to terminate the Joint Strike Fighter program immediately, redirect freed funding to further develop the F-22 Raptor, and employ variants of the F-22 aircraft as the primary fighter aircraft for all United States and Allied TACAIR needs."

ONOZ.gif

None of that would be necessary if they hadn't retired the Tomcat.

Edited by Trigger

Originally posted a few days ago by Matej on Secret Projects. Don't think the he has highrez full pic either. Btw, Matej i working on a profile of PAK-FA. He is going to release a low-res version on Internet 8'th march. I got the full res from him a few days ago (to help him checking errors, bug fixing etc) and it looks fantastic. Really something to look forward too. :banana:

yeah, the numbers seems quite real.

it's just a bit strange that they leave the tree digits prototype codes system, they had use for decades...

really can't wait to see more pics...

Edited by mingwin
yeah, the numbers seems quite real.

it's just a bit strange that they leave the tree digits prototype codes system, they had use for decades...

really can't wait to see more pics...

Maybe trying to make it look more "tactical" since most inservice aircraft wear two digit Bort numbers?

The pic is definatly real, I checked in Photoshop, there are no artifacts that would be left by a edit. Also, the clouds in the background are different and the snow on the runway is different. While it is a slightly different position as the image posted on first flight, the clouds would have been the same.

Still, very sexy.

Certainly looks like there is no RAM on the jet yet. I have doubts it will get a full coating, maybe on some of the less stealthy surfaces, but not the whole jet. The RAM on the F-22 is apparently a pain in the katookus to maintain, and quite expensive.

The RAM and other surface treatments on the F-22 and B-2 for that matter have evolved, but still are older methods. I'd suspect the Russians havet made some serious efforts to attack the number one maintenance issue for stealthy aircraft.

Aside from the RAM (or lack?), it appears that some of those panel lines run perpendicular.

Yf-23127.jpg

Same on YF-23, and that still made it more steathy than YF-22. Someparts are clearly toothed, but that is mostly on moveable parts. Take a look on YF-23's bottom.

Maybe that is what they ment by a more cost effective level of stealth. Translucent, not invisible. :whistle:

There is no such thing as invisible stealth planes. All of them are translucent. Yes, even the precious F-22.

There is no such thing as invisible stealth planes. All of them are translucent. Yes, even the precious F-22.

It was meant as a joke. I am pretty sure the F-22 is not see through, or even semi-transparent.