Nice IP and HUD...

The third pic looks like some sort of actuators ... :huh:

I'd guess for the flight simulator the first guy is in, as you can clearly see the wall in front of the cockpit and the simulator opperators in that image, and the second image is of the HUD in a computer generated image of the world.

I'd guess for the flight simulator the first guy is in, as you can clearly see the wall in front of the cockpit and the simulator opperators in that image, and the second image is of the HUD in a computer generated image of the world.

Yeah, I meant the physical HUD in the first picture ...

We mock up the cockpits so Pilots and Aviators can check em out and make points on what would be better, etc ...

Gregg

stick actuator?

:huh:

BTW - The latest Koku Fan has got some of the images we've seen from the first flight, but also a really nice 4-view line drawing - I just wish I could read the article

Edited by Fuji
I wonder why Sukhoi stuck with a centre stick rather than a side-stick layout?

:crying2:

Have they used that configuration before? Besides the F-16, F-22 and the Rafale, are there any others that use it?

I wonder why Sukhoi stuck with a centre stick rather than a side-stick layout?

:crying2:

They certainly trialled a side-stick - on the Su-27LL operated by the Gromov Flight Test Centre (LII)

The Su-37 also had a side-stick.

I guess they must have opted for a centre stick - assuming that that photo of the cockpit simulator is the definitive layout.

Ken

Edited by Flankerman
They certainly trialled a side-stick - on the Su-27LL operated by the Gromov Flight Test Centre (LII)

The Su-37 also had a side-stick.

I guess they must have opted for a centre stick - assuming that that photo of the cockpit simulator is the definitive layout.

Ken

Don't forget Su-47 Ken.

Now, MOAR pics. This time of T-50-0, which is a static test frame. This one has been sitting there since middle of the summer. It is funny to think back, how we all speculating how it would look, and now we see the item we were speculating about. :D

51085758.jpg

31961843.jpg

16952901.jpg

51416016.jpg

Again, thanks to mister Flateric.

as a left-handed person, i really really really prefer centerstick.

don't know exactly why... maybe a matter of spatial perception/ coordination...

Edited by mingwin
I'm southpaw as well, and would prefer the right-sided stick, although I might get used to a center-stick if given the opportunity.

Do you use a left-handed mouse, mingwin?

no i don't use left-handed mouse... but anytime i hold a joystick i tried with my left hand first(kinda reflex...)

anyway, i'm not knowing the real adventages of having a side-stick... (and i'm not willing to turn this thread in something else than what it should...)

anyway, i'm not knowing the real adventages of having a side-stick... (and i'm not willing to turn this thread in something else than what it should...)

I didn't mean to sound adversarial, just noting that not all southpaws are identical. :jaw-dropping: I'm not certain why the F-16 and few other aircraft have a right-hand control stick, and as far as I know it's only used on FBW-equipped aircraft.

As a side-note (no pun intended), I noted the lack of an IRST pod on that test article. I suppose it wasn't needed? In any event, I hope the production aircraft has a retractable unit, as it looks better without the thing.

I didn't mean to sound adversarial, just noting that not all southpaws are identical. :jaw-dropping: I'm not certain why the F-16 and few other aircraft have a right-hand control stick, and as far as I know it's only used on FBW-equipped aircraft.

That is because most people are right handed, 90 % iirc.

As a side-note (no pun intended), I noted the lack of an IRST pod on that test article. I suppose it wasn't needed? In any event, I hope the production aircraft has a retractable unit, as it looks better without the thing.

It lacks IRST because T-50-0 simply doesn't need one. And regarding the irst, someone (i think it was main designer) said: "If we need to change it, we will." In other words, it isn't big issue, and there is far more important things to worry about. :cheers:

<...>

It's probably more comfortable for the body, as it's a more relaxed position. Especially under high g-loads, when the breathing might influence the arm and therefore the stick position.

I didn't mean to sound adversarial, just noting that not all southpaws are identical. :cheers: I'm not certain why the F-16 and few other aircraft have a right-hand control stick, and as far as I know it's only used on FBW-equipped aircraft. <...>

In a modern fighter aircraft, I guess in the end it doesn't matter whether you're left- or right-handed, as both hands will have ample to do. Would be interesting to hear from a left-handed pilot, though. :jaw-dropping:

"It's probably more comfortable for the body, as it's a more relaxed position. Especially under high g-loads, when the breathing might influence the arm and therefore the stick position. "

"In a modern fighter aircraft, I guess in the end it doesn't matter whether you're left- or right-handed, as both hands will have ample to do. Would be interesting to hear from a left-handed pilot, though. " (my only concern is more about wich part of the brain control wich task...)

thank you ChernayaAkula!

that was the kind of answer i was wishing! (and i sound logical and right) ...though i wouldn't extend on that subject as we are in the pak-fa thread...

and for the 90% of right-handed people... i've got one thing for you: your only 85%! :D (and, in some place in the world, your even only 80%!...don't know about russia...)

so... if anybody want's to continue on any subject not directly related to PAK-FA, please start an other thread! i'll be there...(if required!)

thanks!

Edited by mingwin