• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I like the "shark" scheme, although the splinter scheme has always been a winner as well. But I have already built a splinter scheme on a T-50, and I have one more kit in the stash. Next time it is shark.

Here is a link to my splinter T-50. The only thing I kinda jacked up was the color contrasts in the natural metal areas. They are way too pronounced.

Zvezda Splinter T-50

They havent painted RuAF planes in aubergine in years, only navy still does that, for whatever reason. Only exceptions to that has been T-50-5R and T-50-6-2. But yes, i too hope they wont continue with that even if the scheme on 5R and 6-2 has grown on me. Serial T-50's in Su-35S/Su-30SM (blue/grey) scheme would be perfect.

• 2 months later...

On 11'th November the completely new engine for T-50, known as "Izd.30", had its first testfiring. Not every day there is a new fifth generation engine made! Interestingly, leading engineer of the program also worked on Al-31F program for Su-27.

e0ElWUz.jpg

Today, T-50-8 had its first flight. 3 new T-50's has been testflown in a span of a year.

Edited by Berkut
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

T-50-11 had its first flight today, a surprise out of nowhere. It jumped past T-50-10 as it is still being worked on. T-50-11 is the last prototype, after it serials frames...

4 frames in under 1.5 years, they are finally picking up steam. Also, bonus pic of T-50-9 i stumbled upon at MAKS;

awtX98M.jpg

Edited by Berkut

That designation was revealed by Piotr Butowski and he is a very respected journalist often able to get very interesting information on secret Russian programs. And right before MAKS this year there were rumors that the Su-XX designation would be stated publicly. That never happened but considering these two facts; it is highly likely he is correct and that Su-57 is indeed the serial designation.

The new designation is now officially Su-57. Link (in Russia, but google translate or similar should work):

https://m.tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201708111036-axvl.htm?utm_source=m.tvzvezda&utm_medium=mainpagelinks&utm_campaign=important&utm_term=v1

In short: In an interview with Zvezda TV, the Chief of the Russian Air Force, Colonel General Victor Bondarev, announced that the production aircraft received the designation Su-57.