• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

T-50-1 has had the long stinger (containing anti-stall parachute) for over 5 years now. Phase 2 frames have longer stinger which contains a radar that is part of the L402 Himalaya ECM system.

Technically i am still right as 6 years is "over 5 years".:rolleyes::sunrevolves:

I seemed to remember it got it as part of the structural modifications it got between August 2011 and September 2012 but yeah, you are right. It got it in summer of 2011, prior to MAKS 2011.

Edited by Berkut
  • 3 weeks later...

It appears they have now fitted one of the prototypes with a prototype Izdelye 30 engine. The Izdelye 30 is on the left, a "standard" AL-41F1 on the right - you can see the differences in the nozzles best in the close-ups around 0:30 into the video:

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/5/2019 at 11:17 PM, GreyGhost said:

NATO codename: FELON.

-Gregg

Yeah, because it is a crime to look as good as it does.

First serial Su-57 undergoing final assembly;

WMMIgFn.jpg

Video shows it + second serial frame;

17 hours ago, Berkut said:

Yeah, because it is a crime to look as good as it does.

Concur. I know NATO code names are not designed to be flattering, but there appears to be something a little childish about that particular one. Just my personal opinion - maybe others like it.

First serial Su-57 undergoing final assembly;

Video shows it + second serial frame;

Good find. Did I hear correctly in the video that the guy said a contract was signed for 72 aircraft? I thought the official order was for 76. Maybe I heard wrong.

42 minutes ago, Mfezi said:

Concur. I know NATO code names are not designed to be flattering, but there appears to be something a little childish about that particular one.

worse than Fagot? (Mig-15). Hoodlum? (Ka-26). Cock? (An-22). 

18 minutes ago, habu2 said:

worse than Fagot? (Mig-15). Hoodlum? (Ka-26). Cock? (An-22). 

In short, yes. And certainly much more so than Flanker, Fulcrum, Foxbat, Foxhound, Fullback, Fencer, etc.

Edited by Mfezi
  • 1 month later...
On 12/24/2019 at 12:06 PM, Berkut said:

First serial Su-57 crashed today during testing. According to preliminary information, the culprit was control system. Pilot ejected and is fine.

Tough one - based on my own experience with FCS testing, the positive is that (obviously depending on the exact cause) most FCS issues on FBW aircraft do not require hardware changes. Bad thing is that the software changes can be very time consuming to isolate and often require a lot of unplanned new testing to validate. Hope for their sake that it is an easily traceable and fixable cause. It must be really frustrating that whatever it was only came out on the first production aircraft.

Always glad to hear that the pilot got out safely though.

• 1 month later...