• 2 months later...

:salute:, Not a bad article there Gregg but I can't for the life of me understand why western journos persist in calling Zhukovski airfield Ramenskoe. Have the Russians ever called it that? OK I understand that the town of Ramenskoe is now more or less a suburb of Moscow but the airfield has been called Zhukowski by the locals now for decades if it was ever called anything else. Can't we call it what they call it. To me it would be like me calling Edwards Air Force Base by the name of the nearest town or city. I realize the article was probably written by an English journo and we also call our bases by the name of the nearest town or suburb. Well, most of the time we do but there are some exceptions to the rule like Tindall, Learmonth, Fairbairn and RAAF Williams, which has now been sold off for property development. Why don't we just call it what the locals call it.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford
  • 8 months later...

Beauty :woot.gif:

In that inverted shot, it looks a bit like Su-47 :D

wonder what's goin' on with the 52

According to some, it was supposed to take off on friday, but that didn't happen for some reasons. It has been sitting in LII for a while.

Its a stunning aircraft, quite possibly the sexiest jet to appear for a long time. Beautiful pictures too, thanks for sharing.

How long until the Russian Knights equip with them? I can just imagine a 5 ship in those colours....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

T-50-1 is back flying again after half of it (literally) was disassembled. T-50-2 is painted same as -1 apparently.

First flight after the changes. Notice the tail:

050610.jpg

That looks quite a bit longer to me. An engineers care to expand on this?

I am no engineer, but i would say same as others, that it is containing anti-spin parachute. F-22 had it, so did F-16. And other frames i guess.

Edited by Berkut