ARC Discussion Forums
Zmey Smirnoff

PAK FA

Damn, only now I realized it's carrying drop tanks. I had stared this picture for quite a while in the morning...

And they are not even in pixel camo!

26 minutes ago, Berkut said:

And they are not even in pixel camo!

Some kid would probably call it Minecraft camo!

T-50-11 had its first flight today, a surprise out of nowhere. It jumped past T-50-10 as it is still being worked on. T-50-11 is the last prototype, after it serials frames...

4 frames in under 1.5 years, they are finally picking up steam. Also, bonus pic of T-50-9 i stumbled upon at MAKS;

awtX98M.jpg

Edited by Berkut

Is it true that the production model is to be designated Su-57 ?

-Gregg

That designation was revealed by Piotr Butowski and he is a very respected journalist often able to get very interesting information on secret Russian programs. And right before MAKS this year there were rumors that the Su-XX designation would be stated publicly. That never happened but considering these two facts; it is highly likely he is correct and that Su-57 is indeed the serial designation.

The new designation is now officially Su-57. Link (in Russia, but google translate or similar should work):

https://m.tvzvezda.ru/news/opk/content/201708111036-axvl.htm?utm_source=m.tvzvezda&utm_medium=mainpagelinks&utm_campaign=important&utm_term=v1

In short: In an interview with Zvezda TV, the Chief of the Russian Air Force, Colonel General Victor Bondarev, announced that the production aircraft received the designation Su-57.

On 8/11/2017 at 10:35 PM, foxmulder_ms said:

22 + 35 = 57

lol

In deed! Took me about 30 seconds to realize that equation though.

On 8/11/2017 at 2:35 PM, foxmulder_ms said:

22 + 35 = 57

lol

More likely 27 + 30 = 57.  :)

Izd.30

NgM6F5F.jpg

6DA3Aiy.jpg

ZeS8ehF.jpg

Edited by Berkut

Aww, seemingly it is not Izd.30 afterall. Might be related though, unclear still.

T-50-1 has had the long stinger (containing anti-stall parachute) for over 5 years now. Phase 2 frames have longer stinger which contains a radar that is part of the L402 Himalaya ECM system.

On ‎13‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 4:41 PM, Berkut said:

T-50-1 has had the long stinger (containing anti-stall parachute) for over 5 years now.

In fact, over 6 years. Here's my shot from MAKS 2011.

photo_80786.jpg

Technically i am still right as 6 years is "over 5 years".:rolleyes::sunrevolves:

I seemed to remember it got it as part of the structural modifications it got between August 2011 and September 2012 but yeah, you are right. It got it in summer of 2011, prior to MAKS 2011.

Edited by Berkut

It appears they have now fitted one of the prototypes with a prototype Izdelye 30 engine. The Izdelye 30 is on the left, a "standard" AL-41F1 on the right - you can see the differences in the nozzles best in the close-ups around 0:30 into the video: