:coolio:, Hi MarkW,

Well, I did say "in the past" did I not? We Aussies don't think the same way as you Americans do, just the same as the British, New Zealanders and Canadians don't. It's a cultural thing I believe rather than a political one. Your culture is what makes you guys unique in this world, just as it is with every other nation. As to other nations buying the PAK-FA, India is already involved in the program at a much lower cost than we are so far in the F-35 program and the Russians don't seem to have any problems dealing with India, Malaysia, Indonesia and Venezuela among other nations.

If other nations could just see their way clear to put a bit of trust in the Russians they might just reciprocate. Are they not providing some help in Afghanistan, even if unofficial. If other nations showed good faith the Russians would more than likely see China for what it is, one bad apple in the crate. Who haven't the Chinese treated poorly over the years and especially lately since they have gotten so much wealth and have increasing power. But then the West treated the Chinese very badly at the start of last century and they have long memories. We should also take into consideration the fact that the Chinese don't consider copying other peoples inventions and ideas etc as illegal or even as morally incorrect.

I think that PAK-FA will be an excellent jet when it comes into service and at a Western price far lower than anything anywhere near similar that can be produced in the US or other Western nations. It wouldn't surprise me either if, as Raymond has said IOC for the PAK-FA wasn't until 2020, but lets face it, that's only 3 or 4 years after the RAAF's IOC on the F-35 and if everything goes to plan only 8 years after the Marine Corp's IOC with the F-35. Let's not be surprized if other countries see some value in this bird when it's demonstrated to them. Considering the head start LM has had with the F-22 and F-35 I see an IOC of 2020 for the PAK-FA as being realistic and a pretty darned good catch up effort when you consider all the issues they've had to deal with, mainly in the budgetary area.

:cheers:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford
  • 2 weeks later...
KENS14.jpg

Ha ha! I've actually touched this one and got my pic taken right at the front landing gear too. :thumbsup:

Anything new since the last posts?

And that Chinese rendering - NICE. It looks quite a plausible mock up too.

Shark

Shark

Not really. Russians seems to have plans to get 250 of these, mostly single seaters. India are planning also to get 250, mostly two seater aircrafts.

Those numbers are probably not accurate.

Ha ha! I've actually touched this one and got my pic taken right at the front landing gear too. :wacko:

And that Chinese rendering - NICE. It looks quite a plausible mock up too.

Shark

hmm, I wonder where and when that would be... and if I maybe saw you doing that :cheers:

Edited by Sebastijan

:wacko:, I just want to see what it looks like and I wonder who will be the first with a kit of it, in the one true scale of course and even in that scale it will be a fairly big bird if the earlier Flanker family members and the S-47 are anything to go by.

:cheers:,

Ross.

For a split-second there, I thought that was of one of my old drinking buddies.

FILES-JAPAN-RUSSIA-YELTSIN.jpg

I'll never forget that time Boris and John McEnroe were hammered and got into a yelling contest on the streets of Sochi. Boris didn't win, but he earned my respect.

BTW...

50_pochti.jpg

You think that's hot, you won't want to stand up when you see the real thing.

Edited by Tony Stark
^ We are living interesting times.

Anybody noticed the seat? Doesn't look familiar.

Yes, seat is different. As far as i know, Su-47 have also a different seat than the standard K-36. Atleast is is rumored. I think Su-35 seat is also updated from the standard edition K-36?

We have heard this for months now, yada yada, but still...

DATELINE: KOMSOMOLSK-ON-AMUR Jan 18

The prospective fighter jet will make its maiden flight soon, a source in Komsomolsk-on-Amur told Interfax-AVN on Monday.

“The date of the maiden flight of the fifth-generation fighter jet will be named this week. The flight will take place in January,” he said.

The Komsomolsk-on-Amur aviation plant is intensively testing the plane on the ground, he said.

“The jet has had a number of runway trials, which tested the engines, brakes and the control systems,” the source said.

“The runway trials were successful, which gave us hope for making the maiden flight on time,” he said.

The new jet of the Sukhoi company will be an intellectual product with multiple functions, capacity to destroy air-and land-based targets at anytime of the day and under any weather conditions, super- maneuverability, optical, infra-red and radar stealth and ability to take off and land from runways of 300-400 meters.

Experts claims the plane will make long flights at supersonic speeds with multiple refueling in the air. It will carry new electronic systems and have a highly automatic flight control network.

Also, i see that no one have posted this, but one of the old Su-35 were seen with article "117" engines. This is *not* same engines as on new Su-35, they are 117S. 117 deliver more thrust. Pictures taken by RamblerOne:

Click 1

Click 2

Click 3

Edited by Berkut