Why would it be propaganda? Since the beginning of aviation enemies or potential ones have been leapfrogging each other with new technological breakthroughs to minimise the other side's advantages whatever they might be. The technology is already here in one form; over the horizon radar can detect stealthyish aircraft already. Now that technology just has to be miniaturised to fit into aircraft and I believe those who say it can't be done have already forgotten the history of airborn intercept radar if they ever knew it in the first place.

Cheers,

Ross.

I personally think its half half. I was just making the point to hemspilot that LM isn't the bastion of truth either. The main point I drew from that article though was that whatever the T-50 lacks in stealth would be more than made up for in maneuverability. BVR tactics may work on occasion, but when it doesn't...knife to gun fight comes to mind.

I'm not having a go at anyone either Snap Captain, merely making the point that the technology already exists that can detect stealthy aircraft. This technology needs to be and is being miniaturised and developed on both sides of the political fence. Scientists and engineers are already working feverishly to achieve the miniaturisation needed to put this technology into fighter airframes just as they did during WW2. Just as the Chain Home system with its 350 foot transmitting towers and 250 foot receiving towers wouldn't fit into an aeroplane, neither will the current OHR technology with its chains of antennas built over thousands of square kilometers, hence the need for the modern equivalent of the miniaturisation that happened during WW2.

Cheers,

Ross.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Earlier today:

138445.jpg

138459.jpg

And later today:

H5MsEDB.jpg

nqhEQPh.jpg

How it happened:

In fact, it went down slightly different. Today T-50 initially rose to demonstrate the possibilities for our Indian guests. Around 12 pm on board lost contact. Was only partial remaining. On the 3rd turn there was an alarm, shavings in the right engines, the pilot was forced to shut down the right engine. Since there was no communication, he passed over the runway waving wings, letting understand the RP (EDIT: ATC) problems on board. Successfully able to land the plane on one engine. Turned to the nearest taxiway, the pilot immediately turned off the left engine. Then all the fun started! RP gave the command to leave the plane immediately. Pilot turned around and saw that intense belching black smoke poured out of the right engine. Without waiting for any ladders pilot jumped out of the cockpit. Seeing a burning puddle of fuel underneath the plane he ran a good 100 meters.
  • 1 year later...

Quick update on the production/delivery plan that might be of interest;

2016 - 2 serials (T-50S), 3 prototypes. (10,-11,-12. Last one is static frame)

2017 - 5 serials, 3 of which will be part of PMF.

2018 - 5 serials, 1 of which will be part of PMF.

2019 - "Full series", unkown what that means but probably atleast 12 frames.

T-50-5R will take off in coming days, T-50-6-2 will follow afterwards, in September. 6-2 will be "Phase 2" frame.

And couple of pics from last month;

https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/4525/37965346.1f/0_1116e5_f2e446cd_XXXL

https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/36/55825357.44/0_127b46_ee099027_orig

• 4 months later...

VRJHsad.jpg

iY8BP6i.jpg

GTzGXRb.jpg

OKEvXoe.jpg

Original from; http://vk.com/z25team?w=wall-9823397_12753%2Fall

Not confirmed to be insider info but sounds very likely and in line with what we have seen;

И пожалуй главные в словах: "восстановлен", "в ходе капитально-восстановительного ремонта". По факту от Т-50-5 на Т-50-5Р - БРЭО, конус, фонарь, ВО.
And perhaps the key words : "restored", "in the course of overhaul and refurbishment." On the fact of the T-50-5 in T-50-5R remains avionics, nosecone, canopy, vertical stabilizers.

In Zhukovsky;

179323.jpg

So is the underside color a very pale blue? Judging by the replacement parts used to repair 055, I am assuming they retained the same basic shade for the underside as on the scheme it was wearing at the time of the fire, but added a hard demarcation edge between the upper and lower colors? And correct me if I am wrong, but the radome and the hexagon-shaped panel on the side of the nose are a cream color, while the inlet trunks are true white?

Thanks,

Mike

• 1 month later...
So is the underside color a very pale blue?
Seems to be the case.

When drawing the cover artwork for this one I used few close-up photos, and these were showing a sort of 'lighter shade of the same duck-egg-light blue, aka 'Russian Light Grey' (or, more precisely: 'Light Admiralty Grey') that saw so much use at earlier times.

Judging by the replacement parts used to repair 055, I am assuming they retained the same basic shade for the underside as on the scheme it was wearing at the time of the fire, but added a hard demarcation edge between the upper and lower colors?
Yup.
And correct me if I am wrong, but the radome and the hexagon-shaped panel on the side of the nose are a cream color...
Nope. Radome and panel-cover are actually in the same colour like the rest of the aircraft. Or at least they used to be in the same duck-egg-blue colour.

I would say that they haven't been re-painted, and that's all.

...while the inlet trunks are true white?
Yup.
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...