Skunk Models NATO weapons in 48th

Thanks to Neils on Zone Five for first spotting this

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=SW-48006

4 x AGM-154 (JSOW) - First Smart Pigs (anyone else read Bear and Dragon by Tom Clancy?) in plastic

4 x AGM-84D (HARPOON) - I think first available outside of the Revell A-6E in 48th and the coming Hobbyboss Aardvark

4 x AGM-84E (SLAM) - Available in the Hobbyboss Hornets, but useful for those who build only Hasegawa kits ;p

4 x AGM-84H (SLAM-ER) - First outside of the revised Academy Strike Eagles in plastic

16 x GBU-39 (SDB) with PYLON - From how the pylon appears to be broken down I think the new Academy F-15I does have the racks, but here is a second option

4 x IRIS-T - only in RoG Typhoon so far, but more European fighters are carrying them - like my Norwegian MLU build

Come on Raymond - how bout some RAF weapons for the Hobbyboss Tornado!

Sky Shadow

JP-233

Brit 1000lbs free fall and retarded (maybe just differing tail pieces)

British LGBs

CRV-7 rocket pods (I know Tornados don't carry them but Jags and Harrier IIs did)

Matt

Edited by Matt Roberts

Now if they could release it in 1/72 too... :yahoo: Probably a pipe dream. :(

Come on Hasegawa, give us a new 1/72 set with all the latest pods and things that go "boom!" like the Sniper XR, LITENING, AIM-9X, GBU-32/38 JDAM, GBU-39 SDB, AGM-84 SLAM-ER, AGM-158 JASSM, etc. :pray:

I just ordered that set from Lucky Model but they were not in stock. Question about a different set though. In the Israeli weapons set, what other israeli aircraft used these weapons besides the F-16I Sufa? Were these weapons used on the F-16D or F-16C Brakeet/Barak or on the F-4E? Thanks for any help.

Terence.

hi-PI000000106283.jpg

I just ordered that set from Lucky Model but they were not in stock. Question about a different set though. In the Israeli weapons set, what other israeli aircraft used these weapons besides the F-16I Sufa? Were these weapons used on the F-16D or F-16C Brakeet/Barak or on the F-4E? Thanks for any help.

Terence.

hi-PI000000106283.jpg

All the F-15s can use all the weapons as well. Not sure on the F-4E but I'm certain some of it can be, but not the Python 4s.

Hi,

The F-16 Baraks don't carry the Popeye, but F-15 Baz/Ra'am do and F-4 Kurnass did.

Python 4 is carried by both the F-16 and F-15. But the F-4's were gone when the Python 4's came in to service.

GBU-15 are good for all, but as far as the Spice I've only seen pic of F-16's carrying them.

HTH

Merry Christmas :beer4:

/Bosse

Hmmm.... good timing. I was going to start work on some SDB masters in the next few weeks. Better hearing a new product announcement *before* you scratchbuild them, rather than *after*. :jaw-dropping:

So Raymond, same question as the 1/72 sets.... WHEN?

Hmmm.... good timing. I was going to start work on some SDB masters in the next few weeks. Better hearing a new product announcement *before* you scratchbuild them, rather than *after*. :D

So Raymond, same question as the 1/72 sets.... WHEN?

You are welcome to any kind of suggestion, we will listen carefully for any product idea.

For 1/72 scale, we would like to proceed but we want to examine the performance the 1/72 IDF weapon set (after delivery).

You are welcome to any kind of suggestion, we will listen carefully for any product idea.

For 1/72 scale, we would like to proceed but we want to examine the performance the 1/72 IDF weapon set (after delivery).

How about 1/48 AAM and AGM(and bombs) ordnance Russian AND french weapons ?

Edited by stelios2000

Thanks for the comment, Matt;-)

Sterios,

French AC weapons is available from Skyraider models, so they excist although not in plastic. I second the Russian AF option though, not much out there so far.

PLease note that from the breakdown of the sprues, I believe that you can build either AGM-84D or E, not both, from one sprue. Shouldn't be a problem though as you have more than enough to go around

Are the SDB's in operational use in Iraq or Afghanistan? Besides the F-15, which other aircraft is cleared to carry them? When were they introduced (time frame)? Thanks for any help.

Terence.

Found the time frame from Boeing web site.

Status

Production deliveries started in April 2006 and system is in full rate production

Air Combat Command Commander declared initial operational capability for the SDB System on October 2, 2006--fielded ahead of schedule

SDB System successfully employed in combat from F-15E Strike Eagles of the 494th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron providing close-air support for ground troops operating in Iraq starting on October 5, 2006

Edited by twong

I would think 1 /72 nato set would sell much better than an IDF set. The 1/72 IDF set is great but many many more modellers model U.S and NATO aircraft than IDF.....I jut hope they do a 72nd NATO set and dont reflect on the numbers of IDF sets sold becaus they wouldnt reflect U.S. NATO set sales....

Modelman

The problem is the scale - not the subject.

1/72 sell less than 1/48 - period! If the powers that be allows enough sales in 1/72, you will see more releases in this scale. If not, you don't. Simple math when it all comes down to it.

Are the SDB's in operational use in Iraq or Afghanistan? Besides the F-15, which other aircraft is cleared to carry them? When were they introduced (time frame)? Thanks for any help.

Terence.

Found the time frame from Boeing web site.

Status

Production deliveries started in April 2006 and system is in full rate production

Air Combat Command Commander declared initial operational capability for the SDB System on October 2, 2006--fielded ahead of schedule

SDB System successfully employed in combat from F-15E Strike Eagles of the 494th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron providing close-air support for ground troops operating in Iraq starting on October 5, 2006

If I am not wrong and since my next project is the Aca F-22, I am sure that I can use the SDBs in place of the "large GBUs" given with the kit.

I would like to see some 1/48th scale Russian weapons. Air to air, air to ground missile, and bombs.

Brad

Indeed I would have to echo the sentiments towards Russian weapons, you could make at least 2-4 different sets! I'd have to buy at least 2-3 of each myself!

Rick

Edited by madmanrick