Skunk Models NATO weapons in 48th

Something I saw on Cybermodeler this morning with all of the new releases added...a 72nd Kinetic Sufa

Kinetic F-16I Sufa IDF 72 72001 Future

I wondered if I should post this somewhere else but somehow a new Kinetic Viper kit, even in 72nd, would cause too many heads to explode

Here are pics of SDB's from the Boeing web site. Mostly pics of testing.

SDB061004-F-5420B-0030.jpg

Thanks for posting those pictures. I really like the look of the SDB, it adds some nice variety to an aircraft rather than just the "usual" ordinance. That last pictures looks to be using live SDB's. Just wondering if these are actually in service now or still in the testing phase (apologize is this has been discussed elsewhere). If they are, does anyone have some links to pictures of F-15E's / F-16's with them?

Lastly, are these weapons going to be integrated on the F-22 and A-10C?

Regards,

John

John (11bee),

One of the pics I posted shows the SDB's on an F-16 but it was a test shot.

As for operational use, this caption is from the Boeing web site which describes the first deployment of SDB's in combat:

SDB System successfully employed in combat from F-15E Strike Eagles of the 494th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron providing close-air support for ground troops operating in Iraq starting on October 5, 2006.

Zark,

I would think other aircraft like the F-22 could carry the SDB but don't quote me on that. Maybe some of the other posters can answer your question. According to the Boeing web site they are already testing the SDB II. It looks different from the SDB shown in the pics I posted.

John (11bee),

One of the pics I posted shows the SDB's on an F-16 but it was a test shot.

As for operational use, this caption is from the Boeing web site which describes the first deployment of SDB's in combat:

SDB System successfully employed in combat from F-15E Strike Eagles of the 494th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron providing close-air support for ground troops operating in Iraq starting on October 5, 2006.

Zark,

I would think other aircraft like the F-22 could carry the SDB but don't quote me on that. Maybe some of the other posters can answer your question. According to the Boeing web site they are already testing the SDB II. It looks different from the SDB shown in the pics I posted.

I am sure I have seen pictures of F-22s with SDBs on the weapon bay (...yes, like the picture posted earlier...), but the BIG question is, "can I use them with the Aca Model?" and since we are on the subject, what do you thing if I loaded the inboard pylons with GBUs, I like the looks of it and I don't thing is sci-fi regarding the possibilities. (Funny enough, RoG in 1/48 and HB in 1/72 are giving this option). Any answers from the "experts"???

Edited by zark