787s - a few to choose from

I think, barring new liveries being unveiled for 787 deliveries (rumored for Air New Zealand), here's what a few of them should end up looking like, more or less.

Merry Christmas to everybody!

J

AirNewZealand787-9.jpg

American787-9.jpg

BritishAirways787-9.jpg

Continental787-8.jpg

Qatar787-8.jpg

Singapore787-9.jpg

I think, barring new liveries being unveiled for 787 deliveries (rumored for Air New Zealand), here's what a few of them should end up looking like, more or less.

Merry Christmas to everybody!

J

Those are really nice. How do you do it - Photoshop or something else?

It guess the AA version will not be having a polished metal finish. It will be nice to (finally) see the 787 in service. Hopefully Boeing gets going with the -10 version before they loose that entire market to Airbus.

Merry X-Mas,

John

Those are really nice. How do you do it - Photoshop or something else?

It guess the AA version will not be having a polished metal finish. It will be nice to (finally) see the 787 in service. Hopefully Boeing gets going with the -10 version before they loose that entire market to Airbus.

Merry X-Mas,

John

Thanks. I use Adobe Illustrator and export to Photoshop.

I've depicted AA using the sort of metallic silver paint of the current NWA scheme. Unless Boeing comes up with some new kind of metallic paint that more closely resembles natural metal, I suspect that's what AA will use. I wouldn't put it past Boeing to come up with something though, so we'll see.

The 787-10 is well underway. I don't think Boeing is too worried about the -10 losing market share. If an airline has -8s they'll buy -10s to keep fleet commonality (United's order notwithstanding).

J

Hi Jennings

Mate they look absolutely great. I love them all.

But just to let you know, Boeing has stated that if the Airlines want there decals on the engines that they will not compensate them for not getting the fuel efficiency that they have promised.

Cheers

Brendon

It would certainly be nice if the Airlines' amended their schemes into a more modernistic concept, to compliment the lines of this ultra modern airplane. I mean, the colors look great on a 737 or 777, but this is the Dreamliner.

I've sort of been out of the airliner loop for a while. I hadn't ever really looked at the Etihad scheme other than just a glance. I must say, that's got to be the single tackiest looking scheme I've ever laid eyes on. The *entire* airplane (wings, nacelles, pylons, stabs, fuselage - everything) is gold! Talk about your conspicuous Gulf Arab consumption. Holy cow. I've seen some pretty tacky bling in the middle east, but this just about takes the cake. The new UAE coat of arms on the tail is ridiculous looking for a national coat of arms. Looks like it should be on a slick package for a toy gun or something (at Wal-Mart). Anyway, here it is for better or worse on the 787-9 :wub:

J

EtihadAirways787-9.jpg

Edited by Jennings

I quite like Etihad's livery. Coat of arms is junk, but still looks great. Looks better on the A346 I suppose.

Nonetheless, thanks J!

Now Aeroflot NEVER looks bad (looks incredible in the snow!)

EDIT: I've been looking over some Etihad pics, the colour is pearl goal, and definately seems to change depending on the light. I've got an Etihad decal set in the mail and I am not looking forward to matching paint!

Edited by GCA333
no Air Canada ones yet?? Canada needs some love too!!!

As soon as they ditch that nauseating mint green scheme (which has exactly what to do with Canada??), I'll do one :thumbsup:

Meantime... Dream Girl

VirginAtlantic787-9.jpg

As soon as they ditch that nauseating mint green scheme (which has exactly what to do with Canada??), I'll do one :thumbsup:

It's not Mint Green..its a metallic Blue thank you very much. I will conceded the fact that it has NOTHING to do with Canada. I think they should go back to the old Trans Canada Airways colours!!!!

006.jpg

now that is a scheme that would look good on the 787!!!

Sean

It's not Mint Green..its a metallic Blue thank you very much.

Huh? It's as nauseating a U.S. Government GSA motor pool mint green as I've ever seen! I've been within 30 feet of one, and it's as green as they come. Nauseatingly so. Possibly the single ugliest airline scheme I've ever laid eyes on (next to Etihad).

J

1629491.jpg