787s - a few to choose from

I've been within 30 feet of one, and it's as green as they come. Nauseatingly so.

J,

List the numbers contained within the following images:

A - 180px-Colorblind3.png

B - 180px-Colorblind4.png

C - 180px-Colorblind5.png

Edited by oldHooker
List the numbers contained within the following images:

No problem. In fact, I just had a thorough ophthalmological exam last month, and went all the way from the front to the back of the Ishibashi book without missing a beat. And Air Canada looks, under the light that I've seen it in, like puke green, I don't care what color it's supposed to be. Either way, green or blue, it's fugly. :jaw-dropping:

J

Edited by Jennings

Thanks. Yeah, I didn't really like the new Aeroflot scheme when it first appeared, but it's grown on me. The Aeroflot Nord scheme is even prettier. I really like the Cathay Pacific scheme - it reeks of classiness. Too bad they're not (yet) a 787 customer. It would really look great in their scheme.

How many more? Gee, I dunno. :sunrevolves:

J

Thanks. Yeah, I didn't really like the new Aeroflot scheme when it first appeared, but it's grown on me. The Aeroflot Nord scheme is even prettier. I really like the Cathay Pacific scheme - it reeks of classiness. Too bad they're not (yet) a 787 customer. It would really look great in their scheme.

How many more? Gee, I dunno. :sunrevolves:

J

I have to say I ABSOLUTELY adore your hypothetical Lufthansa livery, nothing wrong with the actual one but, as like Air France's, it needed a little something more. Air France's revamped livery is a pure joke but this Lufthansa try is a really good one!

Etienne,

LYS

As old as Cathay's is, it is top-notch.

I find that simple, elegant liveries can be better than flashy, wavy ones.

Just look at Qatar and Aer Lingus, stunning!

Aeroflot-Nord's is decent, but I have always felt like it was a regular Aeroflot plane, leased to a different airline and had temp. stickers put over the design.

I need to get a 787 template before you do every airline.

As old as Cathay's is, it is top-notch.

I find that simple, elegant liveries can be better than flashy, wavy ones.

Just look at Qatar and Aer Lingus, stunning!

Aeroflot-Nord's is decent, but I have always felt like it was a regular Aeroflot plane, leased to a different airline and had temp. stickers put over the design.

I need to get a 787 template before you do every airline.

Oh yeah, Cathay's old livery was sooo classy, and their current livery suits every aircraft type they fly, maybe the purest actual livery.

A few more. I'm SO glad Boeing didn't keep their house color scheme from the 1960s!! It looked okay on the 737 prototype, but it's kind of, well, nauseating on the 787 :monkeydance: The red, white, and blue is much better, but in hindsight it looks so... 1980s. OTOH, Eastern's wide hockey stick on white looks good on anything!

J

AirSeychelles787-8.jpg

BoeingRetro1787-8.jpg

BoeingRetro2787-8.jpg

Eastern787-8.jpg

NWA787-8.jpg

Avianca787-8.jpg

AirCanadaRetro787-8.jpg

Edited by Jennings
I have to say I ABSOLUTELY adore your hypothetical Lufthansa livery, nothing wrong with the actual one but, as like Air France's, it needed a little something more. Air France's revamped livery is a pure joke but this Lufthansa try is a really good one!

Merci bien mon ami! Yes, the current Lufthansa scheme is badly in need of some spicing up. The Germans (speaking as one) are so staid and formal. Lufthansa needs to live a little! I've done that same livery on a 737-830 and it looks equally good (even if there will never be a 737-830..).

A bientot..

J

Excellent job on all of them! :crying2:

But there's one livery that i'm missing (probably because i'm a dutchman) and that's KLM.

Would love to see one in KLM colors.

Also Martinair, as i'm building a 787 in those colors at the moment.

But again, wonderfull liveries!

Regards,

Jordy

Interesting KLM concept.

I do like their current livery. I don't think its boring, its just not flashy like many airlines.

I prefer a simple, yet classy livery over one that seems too busy.

I like the Delta 787, but who knows if they will end up with them.

I like the Delta 787, but who knows if they will end up with them.

They will, or they'll owe Boeing a bunch of money. The NWA order has transferred to Delta as far as I'm aware, and deliveries are still on the schedule.

J

Hi Jennings,

Great work. I especially like your new versions of Lufthansa and KLM. Your new version of Air Canada is great too. Eastern is such a classic. However, I believe the "Flying Dutchman" is "De vliegende Hollander" not "Der fliegende Hollander."

Cheers,

John