787s - a few to choose from

Hi Jennings,

Great work. I especially like your new versions of Lufthansa and KLM. Your new version of Air Canada is great too. Eastern is such a classic. However, I believe the "Flying Dutchman" is "De vliegende Hollander" not "Der fliegende Hollander."

Cheers,

John

Thanks! I think you're right. I'm mixing my Dutch and German (or maybe my airline slogans with my operas?) :rofl:

J

Yep, but there are rumours (I know, just rumours) that DL would prefer additional 777-200LR's.

If they do take the 787's, they are powered by Trent 1000's, so it is also hinted that they would prefer GEnx. (If my memory serves me right, they did pick the Trent on their 777-200ER's over PW and GE.)

Who knows!

Yep, but there are rumours (I know, just rumours) that DL would prefer additional 777-200LR's.

If they do take the 787's, they are powered by Trent 1000's, so it is also hinted that they would prefer GEnx. (If my memory serves me right, they did pick the Trent on their 777-200ER's over PW and GE.)

Who knows!

The good news is that the 787 is designed with a common engine interface, so a given airframe can have either engine with a hardware swap and some software updates. I'm sure it's going to happen with leased airplanes eventually..

J

Hi Jennings,

''De Vliegende Hollander'' is right.

By the way: Great Job on the KLM and Delta livery. Especially the ''new'' KLM one is looking awesome!

Just another question: Is it possible to do a Martinair livery?

Thanks!

Jordy

P.S: How is your dutch? It seems rather good to me:P

''De Vliegende Hollander'' is right.

By the way: Great Job on the KLM and Delta livery. Especially the ''new'' KLM one is looking awesome!

Thanks Jordy! I think the current KLM scheme is very blah. I liked the older one with the broad blue cheatline better. I love the KLM blue colors, so I thought this new scheme would freshen things up a bit. If you know anybody at KLM, I'm available for hire! I've actually done this scheme on the 737NG, the 777, and the 767, and it looks great on all of them (if I say so myself).

Just another question: Is it possible to do a Martinair livery?

Hmm.. I'll have to work on that one.

P.S: How is your dutch? It seems rather good to me:P

The magic of the internet :) I don't speak a word of Dutch except a few swear words a friend in college taught me!

J

Jennings, you da man. Thanks for the quick delivery of KLM and Delta. Love the KLM livery, but also really like your concept. I saw that you made an Alaskan Livery, any chance on seeing the pretty girl from Hawaiian? Love their 767s.

Aaron

Gotta love the Hawaiian scheme, eh? Here's "Queen Liliuokalani"...

Hawaiian787-8.jpg

And yes, it's "Euro white", but I've always liked the clean look of the 1974-92 United scheme. Like Eastern's hockey stick, it looks good on anything you put it on!

United80s787-8.jpg

:thumbsup:

J

Thanks Jordy! I think the current KLM scheme is very blah. I liked the older one with the broad blue cheatline better. I love the KLM blue colors, so I thought this new scheme would freshen things up a bit. If you know anybody at KLM, I'm available for hire! I've actually done this scheme on the 737NG, the 777, and the 767, and it looks great on all of them (if I say so myself).

J

I totally agree with you on the kinda ''boring'' current scheme. Although it's very recognizable all over the world, I think it would be nice to ''spice'' up the scheme. And your new one looks perfect to me! Unfortunately I don't know the right people at KLM.

I'm sure this scheme also looks great on the 737NG, 767 and the 777. Not even speaking about the 747 and the MD-11! :worship:

Also ''mijn complimenten'' on the Martinair one! Really love that one. And it's very usefull since i'm building one at the moment.

Thanks again!

''Groeten uit Nederland'' :whistle:

Jordy

Jennings

What a wonderful series of drawings. Unfortunately I love them all, well except the old Air Canada. I think I prefer the new Air Canada you had in another thread. Where do find the time to do such good work :thumbsup:

By the way, if you are looking for more ideas, how about Fed Ex, (not a fan of the brown shirts) and my current favourite Caribbean Airlines even if they are probably not going to buy it. I think you had planned on doing BWIA before you shut down Airway Graphics?

Edited by skyhawk174

Continental actually has more 787-9s on order than they do -8s, so here's their -9 (I also didn't realize they'd switched from Skyteam to Star Alliance..)

Continental787-9.jpg

And not to forget our friends from south of the border..

Aeromexico787-8.jpg

And of course the freighters..

FedEx787-8F.jpg

UPS787-9F.jpg

:)

J

Edited by Jennings
I think, barring new liveries being unveiled for 787 deliveries (rumored for Air New Zealand), here's what a few of them should end up looking like, more or less.

Merry Christmas to everybody!

J

AirNewZealand787-9.jpg

American787-9.jpg

BritishAirways787-9.jpg

Continental787-8.jpg

Qatar787-8.jpg

Singapore787-9.jpg

Hi

I work for Air New Zealand just south of Auckland and the rumour of Air New Zealand having 787s is no rumour at all. Air New Zealand is going to start retiring their 747s this year and have already ordered the 787 as well as further orders for 777s to compensate for the lack of the 747. No more four for long haul for Air New Zealand.

Regards

Andrew

the rumour of Air New Zealand having 787s is no rumour at all.

What I was saying is that it's rumored that Air NZ will unveil a new *livery* for the 787. Air NZ is the launch customer for the 787-9 variant, so they're a well known player in the 787 game.

J

Those are really nice. How do you do it - Photoshop or something else?

It guess the AA version will not be having a polished metal finish. It will be nice to (finally) see the 787 in service. Hopefully Boeing gets going with the -10 version before they loose that entire market to Airbus.

Merry X-Mas,

John

Boeing will never loose the line to Airbus. Airbus will always trail behind Boeing in the Airliner market. Airbus Aircraft yet are very Marketable. They just do not have that Make it like they use to approach to aircraft building.

Frank :cop: