AFV club M1A1 tracks

Hey all

Just wondering if the 1:35 AFV Club M1A1 / M1A2 Abrams T-158 Workable Track #35012 that Spruebrothers carries are for the Dragon kit or not. Also, are they one-piece deals, or do you have to glue them all together like you do the kit parts?

Thank's for the help

Aaron

That set consists of 192 individual links and end connectors. The end connectors are spaced on the sprue so you can line up a number of links and press the end connectors on while they are still on the sprue. Then you clip off the sprue attachment points. The set doesn't specify which kit they are for, but it's an old set and was released long before the newer Dragon kits like the AIM and SEP. The Abrams kits out when the set was released were the Tamiya and probably the early Dragon kits.

Is there a set out there for the newer Dragon kits then? Something that may be one piece? The idea of gluing all of those individual parts together is the only thing stopping me from starting this kit.

Aaron

Aaron what kit do you have?

Is there a set out there for the newer Dragon kits then? Something that may be one piece? The idea of gluing all of those individual parts together is the only thing stopping me from starting this kit.

Aaron

The only ones that I know of are the one piece DS tracks in the SEP kit, which I haven't seen as being available separately. I'm guessing you have the AIM kit? The tracks are what made me choose the SEP kit over the AIM. Note that most aftermarket track sets are individual links, because that's what people wanted to upgrade all the old vinyl tracks that used to be the standard.

Sounds like your kit has Magic Track.

Wish I built that kit to be more helpful.

Tricky part, is knowing if the links need to be tight together or loose "slack between tracks"

You can put sections together on a flat surface, against a straight edge to make sure the sections are straight and not curving like a snake, if you will.

Use thin cement like Tenex/ Tamiya etc. to run over the joints of the section of track you laid out.

Gluing to me is a none issue, thing is to figure out the slack in the links, and conforming around the sprockets, and in your case the front wheels.

• 2 weeks later...

I used AFV's big foot tracks on Dragons first release M1A2 ( the one that is said to have bad fit!? ) and the tracks fit very good and was a bit more detailed than the kits link and length track. The kit was built in the mid 90's and i didn't glue the track and it's still ok on the M1. AFV's M1 and Patton tracks are the best snapp together track there is. You can glue it, i would use extra thin glue and carefully brush it on the parts when dryfitted on the tank.