A Family of Baraks and a Sufa

Bosse,

Very good work..I am sorry that you had that bit of damage on Barck C, but you can't help nature.....Sneezing is not good !! :worship::tease:

The second coats are loki ng good to..you are getting on quite well I see.

Keep up the good work and get well soon.

HOLMES :worship:

Hi again,

I just have to show you this.

201003161484.jpg

201003161485.jpg

201003161486.jpg

201003161487.jpg

201003161488.jpg

This is the best finish I've managed to achieve yet.

And I think you can get good result even with a paintbrush.

This is brushpainted Xtracolor straight from the can. And quite a few hours of painting.

:woot.gif:

/Bosse

Great progress my friends! :D

What gloss do you use Marlin?

:worship: Gianni

Hi Gianni, :D

No gloss here.

Xtracolor are gloss paint.

That way you don't have to put an extra coat of gloss.

Just put the decals straight on and then a mattcoat.

How the weather in Rome?

Winter over yet?

Here in Stockholm we are longing for spring, it's a few weeks late this year.

But we are expecting temperature of 5-8 C this weekend so maybe its finally coming.

:thumbsup:

/Bosse

Hi.

Well I said I was going to finish the Pythons and I have.

But I was wrong on the count of decals per missile.

There is not 20 decals but 35 decals per missile.

So that is 140 decal, with the "larger" ones being around 3mm x 6mm, the smallest is roughly 1mm x 1mm

201003171489.jpg

201003171490.jpg

It took me almost seven hours to do these four missiles one decal at a time.

And now I have a rather stiff neck. The good thing is that the Pythons are done.

But I still have four Sidewinder and two Amraams to repeat the endeavour on.

And then there is also the Barak D.30 that still remains to be started.

I would like to have at least one of these three finished before I start another one.

I don't have room for it on my worktable.

More will follow.

:rolleyes:

/Bosse

:) Aw, my sweet gosh! Two Hasegawa Ds, one Tamiya C and a Kinetics I, plus the many aftermarket kits to be grafted onto the aforementioned kits... :wacko: all that means only one thing for sure; a loooooooooose budget. Awesome, Bosse! Great builds, although I'm going to be especially rooting for the C version.

I was wondering aloud whut the Kinetics F-16 kit would be like, and it's really worth buying, despite all the rumours against it. Me thinks ya've done a great job on it so far, mate! Terrific Group Build the Dropping Iron is. Whut's the deadline for presentation again?

201001301417.jpg

Ooooooohhh... :crying2: Look who's there in the background; my precious! She brings so many good memories to mind. How's my beloved Kfir been doing lately? Is she happy sitting pretty on yer shelf? Will ya tell her Uncle says hi, please?

Nice clamps, by the way! :coolio:

But this wednesday the Postman?(woman) delivered my new goodies from Skunkworks.

201002111444.jpg

Ya see, Bosse, mate; one of the many good things 'bout following yer builds is that one is able to get familiar with many aftermarket kits and resin accessories on the market before actually purchasing them. As for this Skunkmodels Workshop weapon set, I didn't even know it existed! Jeeeeeez...

One question, had ya ever engaged in a multi-project like this one for a Group Build before? Congratulations, my mate! :soapbox:

How is yer cold going? Are ya any better yet? Stay inside, have a lot of liquids and watch out for any of those treacherous gusts of air if ya're not staying in bed. Hope ya get better in no time, Bosse. Doctor said no cold beer in the den, ya hear?

Me's gonna be peepin' (yeh, yeh... with Merry, Isildur, Galadriel, Eowyn, the Uruk hais, Sauron from Mordor and the Orcs). I really can't stand that bloody Legolas and his dwarf buddy. Frodo is a helpless wimp and Sam Wise is too obsequious and fat to be a hero. Gandalf the Grey is too boring and Aragorn's grown a horn on his forehead. Oh, and Gollum/Smeagol was found to be a Nazi hierarch...

Quite some task putting on all those decals! Looking good though!

Cheers,

HÃ¥kan

Hi HÃ¥kan,

Yes it was quite tediuos, but when its done its worth the effort.

:woot.gif:Aw, my sweet gosh! Two Hasegawa Ds, one Tamiya C and a Kinetics I, plus the many aftermarket kits to be grafted onto the aforementioned kits... :wacko: all that means only one thing for sure; a loooooooooose budget. Awesome, Bosse! Great builds, although I'm going to be especially rooting for the C version.

I was wondering aloud whut the Kinetics F-16 kit would be like, and it's really worth buying, despite all the rumours against it. Me thinks ya've done a great job on it so far, mate! Terrific Group Build the Dropping Iron is. Whut's the deadline for presentation again?

Ooooooohhh... Look who's there in the background; my precious! She brings so many good memories to mind. How's my beloved Kfir been doing lately? Is she happy sitting pretty on yer shelf? Will ya tell her Uncle says hi, please?

Nice clamps, by the way!

Ya see, Bosse, mate; one of the many good things 'bout following yer builds is that one is able to get familiar with many aftermarket kits and resin accessories on the market before actually purchasing them. As for this Skunkmodels Workshop weapon set, I didn't even know it existed! Jeeeeeez...

One question, had ya ever engaged in a multi-project like this one for a Group Build before? Congratulations, my mate! ;)

How is yer cold going? Are ya any better yet? Stay inside, have a lot of liquids and watch out for any of those treacherous gusts of air if ya're not staying in bed. Hope ya get better in no time, Bosse. Doctor said no cold beer in the den, ya hear?

Me's gonna be peepin' (yeh, yeh... with Merry, Isildur, Galadriel, Eowyn, the Uruk hais, Sauron from Mordor and the Orcs). I really can't stand that bloody Legolas and his dwarf buddy. Frodo is a helpless wimp and Sam Wise is too obsequious and fat to be a hero. Gandalf the Grey is too boring and Aragorn's grown a horn on his forehead. Oh, and Gollum/Smeagol was found to be a Nazi hierarch...

Hi Uncle.

Thank you for looking in.

The deadline is June 30, so still plenty of time to finish.

I really like the Kinetic Sufa, so I can recommend it. If its off somewhere in some matter I don't care. Its a fun build. And that's what I want.

As for Skunkmodels Work. Its the brand that LuckyModel and Raymond Chung out off Hong Kong has.

You can see what goodies there are from this link.

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?searc..._instock_only=N

I've bought the two IDF/AF weapons set and the US/NATO weaponset.

I can't recommend it enough. The plastic takes glue well and they come with the best decals I've ever used. No decalsolutions are needed, they just snug down without any aid.

As for multiple builds, I had three going in the Operations GB of last year. One F-15I Ra'am, one F-4E Kurnass and an A-4H Ahit. But that GB was shorter soo I didn't meet the deadline on all three.

I'll follow the Argentinian Doctors order and stay off the Cold Beer :crying2: until I've fought off this cold.

:wave:

/Bosse

Hi,

Now I'm in the detailpainting phase of this build.

Black in and around the cockpits.

201003181491.jpg

All ordnance and droptanks has been decaled.

201003191492.jpg

201003191493.jpg

I still has some small paintjobs to do on the missiles.

201003211497.jpg

Also I need to put on the nose lenses on the Spicebombs.

I'll do that at the last moment to avoid getting any paint or glue on them.

201003211498.jpg

I've also started to paint all the different antennas on the Sufa.

201003211494.jpg

201003211495.jpg

201003211496.jpg

And as that paint is drying the seats got some paint as well.

201003211499.jpg

That's it for now.

:whistle:

/Bosse

:salute:Whoa...!!! Mate Bosse must be feelin' a lot better now judgin' by his awesome work on those birds, aye? Dragan chap and me are possibly startin' up a poll whether ya needed to get an airbrush right away, yea or yea. Perhaps Jay-Jay 'n' Gee-Gee wanted to join us as well... Say, do ya allow us to do so, mate? :P

Me thinks me's beginning to like yer Sufa over the C... :taunt: gonna have to rob a bank to get me one of those Kinetics kits. Black mask 'n' water gun is ready at hand. :wub: Which bank do ya suggest I mug? British HSBC, Yank Citybank or Dutch AMRO? South African Standard Bank...?

Stay tuned to the news on CNN. ;)

:taunt:Whoa...!!! Mate Bosse must be feelin' a lot better now judgin' by his awesome work on those birds, aye? Dragan chap and me are possibly startin' up a poll whether ya needed to get an airbrush right away, yea or yea. Perhaps Jay-Jay 'n' Gee-Gee wanted to join us as well... Say, do ya allow us to do so, mate?

Me thinks me's beginning to like yer Sufa over the C... gonna have to rob a bank to get me one of those Kinetics kits. Black mask 'n' water gun is ready at hand. ;) Which bank do ya suggest I mug? British HSBC, Yank Citybank or Dutch AMRO? South African Standard Bank...?

Stay tuned to the news on CNN.

Rob a bank :salute: , please don't say such words to a banker.

But I can really recommend the Kinetic Sufa. It's real fun build.

And this one is only my first. I think I'll order me some more of them someday.

I got the Hesegawa one lined up for a future build. But that one is just the old Hasegawa D warmed up some with a few new part.

I'll of course will build it, but I will not buy any more Hasegawa F-16s.

:wub:

/Bosse

Edited by Marlin
Rob a bank :jaw-dropping: , please don't say such words to a banker.

Oops... my bad. Seriously; whut inconsiderate of me... :rolleyes: threatenin' a banker who's got a hell of a cold... with a water gun! :rofl:

And this one is only my first (Kinetic F-16 kit). I think I'll order me some more of them someday.

:woot.gif: Just some more? Heh...!!! How dare ya tell me not to say to a banker me's muggin' a bank then...? :P

Cold receded yet, my mate?

Cheers, Bee Bee!

Unc²

Evening All.

I've finally started to put the decals on my Sufa.

This is my favourite part of modelling.

When the decals go on there is some transformation that goes from painted plastic to scale model in an instant.

Here is what is currently looks.

201003291501.jpg

201003291502.jpg

201003291503.jpg

201003291504.jpg

201003291505.jpg

201003291506.jpg

201003291507.jpg

I've done them all on the underside, about 50 decals there.

And I've put the main ones on the upper surfaces. I still have all the walkways to do.

Here I've used the Kinetic kits decals, and they are real good. The snugg down almost without softner. Only the larger ones really needs it.

Since the easter holiday is just around the corner, things are winding down a bit a work.

So I guess I'll have some spare time in the evenings this week to finish the decals on the Sufa.

Then I've got the Baraks to decal.

Hopefully I'll have them all decaled during the easter holiday.

More will follow.....

:woot.gif:

/Bosse

Hi all and A Happy Easter.

I've done all decals for the Sufa now.

It went like a dream. The only problems was with the gray strips on the leading edge of the wings.

But a some Microsol later and the problem was solved.

201004011508.jpg

201004011509.jpg

201004011510.jpg

201004011511.jpg

201004011512.jpg

201004011513.jpg

201004011514.jpg

Now on to the Barak C.....

More will follow...

/Bosse

Hi, Bosse, my mate! :wave:

Where have ya been? Too much work at the office, I guess. Chappie, yer Sufa looks extremely mean with all that strange apparel on it. I've got to admit at first I hated the Israelis' guts for having broken those clean and attractive lines on their F-16s; the day I was introduced to the Sufa, I thought the aircraft was sitting upside down!

Oh, but I learnt to love it then after, especially watching whut Kinetic 1/48 offer looks like, saddle tanks 'n' all... :wub: Me wants one right away, Mister!

It's incredible the work ya've put on this bird; want it or not, I think I'll start a poll on the Test Post Clubhouse section, asking members whether or not ya need to get an airbrush, ya hear?

Started choppin' off my ESCI Kfir's fuselage; so many cuts I did than I began feelin' I was Jack the Ripper... :doh: Can't believe Italeri has reboxed that awful kit all over again. Thank ya for y'know whut once more. :thumbsup:

Hi all and A Happy Easter.

Awlright, happy Easter to ya 'n' family! A kiss to lil' Emelie and the missus; pats on the shoulder to Erik, Axel and ya (sorry, no kisses to the boys, no, no, no...) :P Say, are ya gonna go over to the cottage house, huh?

Cheers, mate!

Unc²

Edith Piaf: To tell ya my starting of a poll was an Epic Fail... not sure how friggin' polls are managed; S*H*O*O*T!

Oh, and also to wish ya a huge 'n' HAPPY B-DAY, mate! I just learnt 'bout it.

Edited by Uncle Uncool
Hi, Bosse, my mate! :)

Where have ya been? Too much work at the office, I guess. Chappie, yer Sufa looks extremely mean with all that strange apparel on it. I've got to admit at first I hated the Israelis' guts for having broken those clean and attractive lines on their F-16s; the day I was introduced to the Sufa, I thought the aircraft was sitting upside down!

Oh, but I learnt to love it then after, especially watching whut Kinetic 1/48 offer looks like, saddle tanks 'n' all... :P Me wants one right away, Mister!

It's incredible the work ya've put on this bird; want it or not, I think I'll start a poll on the Test Post Clubhouse section, asking members whether or not ya need to get an airbrush, ya hear?

Started choppin' off my ESCI Kfir's fuselage; so many cuts I did than I began feelin' I was Jack the Ripper... :pray: Can't believe Italeri has reboxed that awful kit all over again. Thank ya for y'know whut once more.

Awlright, happy Easter to ya 'n' family! A kiss to lil' Emelie and the missus; pats on the shoulder to Erik, Axel and ya (sorry, no kisses to the boys, no, no, no...) :P Say, are ya gonna go over to the cottage house, huh?

Cheers, mate!

Unc²

Edith Piaf: To tell ya my starting of a poll was an Epic Fail... not sure how friggin' polls are managed; S*H*O*O*T!

Oh, and also to wish ya a huge 'n' HAPPY B-DAY, mate! I just learnt 'bout it.

Thanks for the birthdaygreeting Mate.

For me it was the other way around.

I wasn't interested in F-16 before I saw my first Sufa. I really like the brutal look of the saddle tanks.

And the Kinetic kit is a dream to work on. Yes it got some horrid ejectorpin marks, but it's not something that isn't impossible to get rid of.

I was hoping that the re-release of the ESCI Kfir was going to be an improvement. But since it isnt I'll pass on it. I'll stick with Mirage III and Isra conversionset.

I've got three more sets in my stash, so I'm covered until Kinetic hopefully will hear my prayers.

And Yes, we are just about to go to the cottage. I sure hope the snow has melted away.

I'll post a pic or two on monday when we get back.

Happy Easter

:D

/Bosse

Happy birthday mate! :jaw-dropping:

I agree with Bosse there, the F-16 didn't look anything near interesting until it got CFTs slapped to it's sides and a load of junk on its spine and bulges everywhere :D

Have a safe trip to the ccottage, there's still quite a lot of snow around Gysinge, we'll be coming from the other way tomorrow (from Gavle). We've been visiting family up here and tomorrow we head for home in Goteborg ...back to the spring :P

Cheers

Hi Gang,

I had a great Easter, Hope yours was as great.

Well we went to the cottage and the snow had almost melted away.

Roughly 10cm left. When I went to the cottage last time, about a month ago, the snowcover was over 60cm

201004031515.jpg

201004031517.jpg

Soon I can start my other hobbies, gardening and carpenting.

After a weekend at the cottage I sat down tonight and started with the decals on the Barak C.

201004061522.jpg

201004061523.jpg

And last night the Sufa got a matt coat. I need to do some touchups in some areas.

201004061524.jpg

With the decals done I can now get the Sufa into the final stage. I hope I'll have it done within a fortnight.

Perhaps that will give me time to manage the Barak D.30 also. There's almost three months time left of the GB so it shouldn't be impossible to get that fourth F-16 done in time.

More will follow.

:wave:

/Bosse