Welcome all to the P-47 Thunderbolt "Big Jugs" Group build on ARC!

Use this thread to list your entries you are planning on building for this group build.

Please list the following:

Manufacturer and Scale

Any Aftermarket Goodies

Reference picture or profile of your aircraft if you have one

Anything else we should know

I'll be building the big Trumpeter Razorback with Eduard PE in the cockpit and gun bay. Markings will be Barracuda decals sheet # 32002 "Eileen" SN 42-75429 Frank Oilers plane out of Duxford.

wz-s4.jpg

Can't wait to get started.

Jerry

Jerry,

Very nice, I'm planning on doing his P-47D Bubble top version of this aircraft in 1/48! B)

I'll be building a Monogram 1/48 P-47D Razorback but not sure of markings yet. Got kit and aftermarket to pick from. Hopefully I have some colorful markings. Wish I could find some with a hot neked chick on the side. :thumbsup:

I'll be building a Monogram 1/48 P-47D Razorback but not sure of markings yet. Got kit and aftermarket to pick from. Hopefully I have some colorful markings. Wish I could find some with a hot neked chick on the side. :D

If it's hot neked chicks you want, you've chosen the right plane :thumbsup: Good luck and let us know "which" hot neked chick you're doing.

Geoff

My Entry will be a Tamiya 1/48 P-47D-11-RE Razorback "Damon's Demon" Flown By Capt. George "Dad" Rarey of the 379th FS,362nd FG Headcorn, England 1944'. Before he was shot down on 27 Jun 1944.

Build will be OOB except for the Decals, this will be my second P-47 build.

I'm in with two. Haven't figured out Major Ray McClung's markings, but he was the CO of the 36th FG's 22nd Fighter Squadron from Fall 44 through Spring 45. I'll also be building 2Lt. George Kelly's P-47D-15-RE 42-76167, which he claimed one kill in before being shot down on 24 April 1944.

Both will be Tamiya 1:48th kits for this GB. I may toss in a Tamiya 48th Deuce and a half done up as an M27 bomb truck too.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing as far as aftermarket just yet. Pretty happy with the kits the way they are, although I may add some resin cowl flaps with actuators.

Still researching both of them. I'm building these two particular airplanes because I have both McClung and Kelly's class A jackets in my collection. McClung's was coded 3T and Kelly's was E4, but I don't know the individual aircraft letters yet. I'm in contact with the 36th FG Association and have been doing some research through them into McClung's bird. I'll be using the Aeromaster sheet with "Doogan" on it as a starting point, but once I get solid refs on it, I'll be doing custom decals for it.

Kelly's bird may be a bit more difficult, since I need to figure out when the 362nd FG's 377th FS went from OD/NG to bare metal. There probably aren't many references of this particular bird since it was shot down by a 109 on a fighter sweep near Kaiserslautern. Kelly MAY have bagged a second 109 on that mission, but from the AAR, it is hard to tell whether he did it or Lt Hayes (#3 in the flight, Kelly was #4). Hayes was shot down and killed in the same action. Kelly lost his arm from a 20mm hit and bailed out, smashing his foot on the airplane's tail as he exited the aircraft. He was subsequently captured and held until January 1945 when he was repatriated in a prisoner exchange. He survived the war and passed away a few years ago.

Jon

Edited by Cobrahistorian

Hi

I'll be building a 1/24 VFS P-47D which will include Eduard seatbelts and Cammet resin wheels, she'll be in SEAC colours and I'm also thinking about a "What if" Thunderbolt if they are allowed in this GB.

Jack

Edited by Dustyjack

I'm in!

Manufacturer and Scale: Hasegawa 1/32 P-47D.

Any Aftermarket Goodies: None - limited budget - strictly OOB, even the decals (hot nekkid chick on the nose of box art...)

Reference picture or profile of your aircraft if you have one: Kit number 08187

Anything else we should know: Will get started as soon as I finish my SLUF from the A-7/F-8 GB (should be done this week).

ALF

G'day all,

High time I put my hand up for this GB. My contribution will be two Tamiya 1/72 kits (1 razorback, 1 bubbletop), with schemes yet to be determined. I have no aftermarket in mind for the kits, other than decals if I choose to build something other than out of the box.

Cheers,

Andrew.