Count me in with a 1/48 RoG B-58 in SEA paint scheme. I'll also plan on including an 1/48 A-6E with Paragon Wing Folds, BB Cockpit, Impact Decals USMC Intruders Part 1, VMA(AW)-224 Bengals (decided to stick with my Cherry Point MCAS theme), and possibly my CE Seamless intakes. (figured I'd start with an OOB kit, and if I finished early, I could include the one with all the bells and whistles). Will that work Mr. Ryan? ;)

Justin

Edited by Skyraider Maniac

OK, against my better judgment, I'm in :cheers:

I am 0-2 in completing GB's, but I am picking some low hanging fruit from the stash to try and reverse the curse. I will create individual build threads soon, but my plan is:

1/48 Revell F-14D - Mostly OOB with some scratch building and a few Steel Beach items.

1/144 Dragon B-1B - OOB (maybe add some ALE-50 towed decoys).

And if I have time:

1/180 Lindberg XB-70 - Done as a Vietnam era B-70 "What-If" in SEA camo. Kit is very basic, so the challenge there is mainly the paint job.

I know, I am 0-2 and I want to go for 3 entries? But the kits are basic enough, and as of now I should have enough time (knock on wood). Stay tuned!

--Will

Count me in with a 1/48 RoG B-58 in SEA paint scheme. I'll also plan on including an 1/48 A-6E with Paragon Wing Folds, BB Cockpit, Impact Decals USMC Intruders Part 1, VMA(AW)-224 Bengals (decided to stick with my Cherry Point MCAS theme), and possibly my CE Seamless intakes. (figured I'd start with an OOB kit, and if I finished early, I could include the one with all the bells and whistles). Will that work Mr. Ryan? :thumbsup:

Justin

Perfect! I love the B-58 and I had always wanted to see one in SEA camo. As for the A-6, it was designed from the start to drop air to ground ordnance, so it is allowed.

RYAN.

OK, against my better judgment, I'm in :thumbsup:

I am 0-2 in completing GB's, but I am picking some low hanging fruit from the stash to try and reverse the curse. I will create individual build threads soon, but my plan is:

1/48 Revell F-14D - Mostly OOB with some scratch building and a few Steel Beach items.

1/144 Dragon B-1B - OOB (maybe add some ALE-50 towed decoys).

And if I have time:

1/180 Lindberg XB-70 - Done as a Vietnam era B-70 "What-If" in SEA camo. Kit is very basic, so the challenge there is mainly the paint job.

I know, I am 0-2 and I want to go for 3 entries? But the kits are basic enough, and as of now I should have enough time (knock on wood). Stay tuned!

--Will

The more, the better!

RYAN.

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha from Hawaii,

I'd like to join with an Academy 1/48 P-38. I'll be giving her the full ground pounding loadout with bombs and rockets.

I'm using aftermarket decals and I'm not 100% sure that that specific plane ever had that specific loadout.....is that a problem? Artistic license OK?

P-38%20475FG%20433FS%20Philippines%20-%20St%20Louis%20Blues.jpg

Aloha from Hawaii,

I'd like to join with an Academy 1/48 P-38. I'll be giving her the full ground pounding loadout with bombs and rockets.

I'm using aftermarket decals and I'm not 100% sure that that specific plane ever had that specific loadout.....is that a problem? Artistic license OK?

P-38%20475FG%20433FS%20Philippines%20-%20St%20Louis%20Blues.jpg

This would fall under the what if catagory. Therefore, it is allowed. Welcome to the group build and have fun!

RYAN.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone! :thumbsup:

I have a Monogram B-52, that I've already started on another board, but I think I'm within the 30% limit as the wings and fuse aren't glued yet!

I like to join with that, if I may!

Cheers,

HÃ¥kan

Hi everyone! :)

I have a Monogram B-52, that I've already started on another board, but I think I'm within the 30% limit as the wings and fuse aren't glued yet!

I like to join with that, if I may!

Cheers,

HÃ¥kan

Sounds good to me! We need some more BUFFs! Welcome to the group build and have fun!

RYAN.

Hi,

I'm going to enter with a Avro Lancaster B.1 Special. Equiped with a Grand Slam bomb. Camouflage will be post war like when it flew with No 9 Sqn during Ops Frontline missions in 1946. Dropping several of these 22.000 pounders during this operation, using targets like obsolete submarine pens.

b_HAS00819_00.jpg

I've bought the Eduard B.1 interior set which still has to arrive at my doorstep, but previously I allready filled the fuselage windows in, glued one wing together and also assembled the bomb. Nowhere near the 30% :rolleyes:

Hope this is going to turn out well :)

Greetings!

I'm in! First time in an ARC group build, so be gentle, please. :wub:

F/A-18F Super Hornet, 1/72 Hasegawa with the Eduard PE. Also my first time with a PE set this substantial. VFA-102 Diamondbacks markings from the box.

The Box:

2249782060037620395S500x500Q85.jpg

The upgrade:

2680213410037620395S500x500Q85.jpg

The bits in the box:

2855171080037620395S500x500Q85.jpg

Unpainted PE:

2019602970037620395S500x500Q85.jpg

Pre-painted PE:

2458290890037620395S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks to Ryan for being our host.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi people

My next subjet will be an anti submarine Fairey Gannet AS MK I n° 815 Naval Air Squadron Fleet Air Arm HMS ARK Royal 1956

Kit Revell 1/72 item 04397

Can I do it ???

Ettore

Cool, a Gannet. Almost never see those built. Hope to see a thread of it soon. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Going to do one more. CF-116A Freedom Fighter (F-5A). 434 squadron (with 433) were the bomber squadrons with these tinker toy bombers.

Going to use the Hasegawa F-5E kit with a Belcher Bits conversion set. Surprisingly there are no decals for Canadian F-5s in 1/32 so I'll figure something out by next week.

Only other add on will be a resin ejection seat which is on route from sprue brothers.