Here is a thread to show off all of your previously completed models. Because of the decision to not include conversions for bombers and other types, you may post them here. I'd love to see them!

RYAN.

Alright. I guess I'll be the first.

Monogram 1-48 B-17G. This was my first model I built by myself about ten years ago. This is the model that got me started in modelling. It's been through a lot, but it's still in one piece.

214.jpg

215.jpg

216.jpg

217.jpg

221.jpg

RYAN.

Edited by caudleryan
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here is a thread to show off all of your previously completed models. Because of the decision to not include conversions for bombers and other types, you may post them here. I'd love to see them!

RYAN.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I though just sharing with your guys on this group build! cheer!

This is monogram kit I built several year ago, pictures took last year....

(A-1H with VNAF color) :thumbsup:

Let_models :coolio:

PH_a1h.jpg

PH1_a1h.jpg

Edited by let_models

Thought I´d spice things up for you guys!

Awesome goupebuild, I follow it pretty close even if I don´t comment that much :lol:

Here´s a couple of pix of my Sufa.....uyou find the rest of the pics in the Disply case forum :thumbsup:

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

Cheers guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's one I finished last year this time. "A" model Bug, 1/72 Hasegawa kit. Super Scale decals for VMFA-314, Operation El Dorado Canyon, 1986.

2508427960037620395S600x600Q85.jpg

2258712850037620395S600x600Q85.jpg

2857488430037620395S600x600Q85.jpg

OK, this is more like shooting iron than dropping it, but you get the picture.

Jonah-

Love the BUFF, especially the cockpit flag! What did you do for the external bomb racks?

Thanks!

Pylons: forward half of the stub pylon is from Golden Dragon's initial attempt at HSABs; the back half is Evergreen stock. The adapter beam came from Monogram's B-52D, I separated it from the AGM-28 pylon and the MERs. I added some details with Evergreen, then cast two copies, and added the MAU-12s from the Golden Dragon set. The wing-pylon adapters were cut from the kit's ALCM pylons, with a new buffer fairing made from .005 sheet styrene.

FWIW, the BUFF Master Design HSABs are quite an improvement over the Golden Dragon offerings. They weren't available yet when I built this, otherwise I would have used them.

Jonah

Edited by Gator52

Jonah-

Thanks for getting back to me. I took a look at the Buffmaster stuff over at Greatmodels, it looks nice! As for me, I wish they would scale most of it down to 1/144. I heard the old Crown tooled B-52H is back, and would enjoy the chance to build this as a modern bird over Afghanistan. I have the Revell Germany modern B-52H in the stash, but it has the ALCM pylons, and a set of front office windows that bears only a passing resemblance to anything Boeing ever built. I'm considering my options for it; I may need to sand off the window frames and re-shape myself. Scary...

If you can find the 1/144 Revell B-52G, it came with HSABs. Somebody makes GBU-31s in 1/144, (OzMods maybe?) though I've never actually seen them.

The windscreen is definitely the weakest point of the Revell B-52G/H in my opinion, which are otherwise pretty nice kits. I've pondered the feasibility of thinning the windscreen frames with needle files, then replacing the clear panes with Krystal Kleer or something.

Maybe TwoMikes should add a 1/144 B-52G/H resin nose correction to the fine 707 nose they recently released!

Jonah