Hi all!

Let's start this New Year in a nice way!

I'll try to begin - and finish... - this one, which has been sleeping in my stash for some years...and not alone, I can tell you...

p47n-1.jpg

Many thanks to you all for this GB :-)

roberto

Hi Holmes! by the time I uploaded the picture, the fuselage was closed...I'm posting a picture taken from above

beltsP1050416.jpg

The wings are now in place...slow progress, but better than being idle as in the last period:-)

bye

roberto

Ciao Roberto,

nice to see updates quite parallel... maybe, like me, you're a weekend modeller too. :-)

Nice idea to use wine metal foil to cut belts... I'll look at bottles stored at home with a different eye from now on :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all!

some progress. canopy masked and in place, propeller assembled and painted. the Jug got an overall tamiya xf66 paint coat. I then started painting it with citadel colour chainmail, using water as a thinner...let hope it will work, never tried it before...

p47nP1050918.jpg

thanks for looking!

roberto

thanks guys. the citadel colour looks good so far, a solid finish, not easy to scratch or to peel off...but I want to wait until the decals solution will be applied...I also tried tamiya thinner with it, and it seems to work, as well.

bye

roberto

Done. Decaling it has been a very bad experience... :crying2: IMO, only airfix can claim to put worst stuff in their boxes. Anyway, it's an N, and it looks not so bad if seen from a certain distance ;-)

p-47DSC_0098.jpg

p-47nDSC_0086.jpg

p-47nDSC_0087.jpg

Here the academy is seen with two tamiya's birds, done some time ago...I do love Jugs...

p-47nDSC_0083.jpg

Very nice Group Build, thank you ScottD, and a thank you to all of you, fellow forumers, for looking :whistle:

bye

roberto