1/48 Hasegawa A-7E

Haven't updated in awhile, although progress has been slowly coming.

Finally put some paint down on the fuselage. This will be the low-viz scheme, so Light Ghost Grey on the undersides and Dark Ghost Grey on the upper surfaces. From a foot away, you can't tell the difference between the two.

I had meant to give the paint some depth by preshading, but like a dolt completely forgot about it until it was too late. Doh!

A-7E004-2.jpg

Wheel wells and landing gear have been painted as well, along with what PE I decided to install. Still a lot of detail work to paint.

A-7E005-2.jpg

And lastly the ordnance painting is underway. The Walleyes need some touch-up work, and the Mk82's need the yellow band. The AIM-9's haven't been painted yet.

A-7E006-2.jpg

Currently I'm working on the PE for the canopy while finishing up the ordnance. Getting closer to getting some future on this bird so I can get decals down.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

She's sitting on her own legs and future coat is applied for decals.

A-7E007-1.jpg

A-7E008-1.jpg

Decals are underway on the ordnance. Mk82's are finished, Walleyes are nearly complete, and Sidewinders are still to be done. The decals come from the Hasegawa weapon set, and frankly the Walleye decals look cartoonish in my opinion.

A-7E009-1.jpg

Decals are complete, Promodeller wash applied to give some depth, and flat coat applied. Now to start installing all the ordnance, canopy, IP, misc. fiddly bits, and the various gear doors I knocked off while applying the decals. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worship:

A-7E010-1.jpg

A-7E011-1.jpg

A-7E012-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...