What is the best Lancaster out there?

Hi Guys,

I'm usually a jet guy, but I have a dying uncle who used to fly Lancasters during WWII in Squadron 101 of the RAF as a "bomb-aimer". I'd like to build him a Lancaster that he flew in that is fairly detailed, but not too crazy since I likely won't have months and months to build it properly. My uncle flew at least 30 sorties (I still have his log book) and was never shot down, so this build is a bit special. Also, what other Lancaster info is out there?

Thanks Guys!

You might be better in 1/72 as the new revell kit is really nice.

I think there are some 101 Sqn decals out there, cant remember where though. I will have a think.

101 Sqn eh, might have a few stories to tell. 101 had the highest casualty rate in Bomber command, one of the reasons being they had some special lancasters fitted with then top secret radia jamming gear and operators speaking German over the radio to confuse their fighter controllers.

Julien

• 2 weeks later...

The best Lanc site is this one - http://www.lancaster-archive.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10 and we have a good modelling section in "The Hangar" almost 100% Lanc related. I'm doing the Tamiya 1/48th right now and keeping a "progress" report on the forum - there are other members who have built many Lancs, especially Ian, who is a mine of information.

Regards

Max