Hasegawa F-15C Agressor 1/72

Cheers!

My first in progress here on ARC!

1186749.jpg

(picture copyright Airliners. net; Ralph Duenas; Thanks!)

it would beblue 10 , for which I will use Hasegawa kit and i Afterburner decals; ACMI pod and LAU 129 launchers from Hasegawa weapons set V. Maybe I will add EltaIAI 8222 ECM Pod, and AN/ALQ-188 Jamming pod...

th_IMG_7401.jpg th_IMG_7402.jpg th_IMG_7408.jpg th_IMG_7409.jpg

Why those decals, they are, with kit, cheaper than Hasegawa aggressor package, and decals are far better than Hasegawas from box. after all i can made another one with different colors

From box kit looks very nice!

IMG_7405.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

Edited by mario krijan

cockpit is painted, firstly with gunze black acril paint, than after with enamel gray, and after drying i remove gray with cotton swab dipped in enamel thinner! it looks little messy, but rather looks like cockpit from aircraft which is in use 30 years!

P1010052-1.jpg

P1010068.jpg

Cockpit would be closed, so i didnt pay atention on those details,after pilot seat.

i am to lazy to mix blue-green metallic paint... ;)

th_P1010169.jpg th_P1010191.jpg th_P1010192.jpg

Edited by mario krijan

Intakes are such nightmare, great amount of kit usage, and after all it goes nicely!

P1010184.jpg

P1010185.jpg

P1010186.jpg

On plane there will go pair of tanks, which I sanded, and re-scribed, i didn't find effective way to re-scribe rounded panel of such small reservoir!

P1010183.jpg

In the end, nightmare: wheels are wrongly aligned (two half's are missanligned, by 0,5 mm) , so it would need great amount of work to looks rounded :evil:

P1010221.jpg

Did someone know for some aftermarket wheels?

Comments, questions are welcome!

Thanks for watching! Cheers,

Mario.

Edited by mario krijan

Nice, :cop:

Little build tip in-case you build another or others do.

The nose section to fuselage joint, is easier to work on, if you leave the intakes off, until that joint is cleaned up.

Edited by Wayne S
Mario - looks really good - looking forward to more

the Bay 5 area would be white on this jet

Thanks for info! I saw 2 or 3 pictures, and on all are blue green! I will paint in white! :woot.gif: Do you have picture maybe? :rolleyes: many Thanks!

Nice, :thumbsup:

Little build tip in-case you build another or others do.

The nose section to fuselage joint, is easier to work on, if you leave the intakes off, until that joint is cleaned up.

I didnt notice that, i follow kit instructions! :cop: now it will be hard way to get it right! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Edited by mario krijan
Thanks for info! I saw 2 or 3 pictures, and on all are blue green! I will paint in white! :thumbsup: Do you have picture maybe? :woot.gif: many Thanks!

Pretty much any C model with a FY (Serial Number) around 80 will have a White Bay behind the pilot.

I didnt notice that, i follow kit instructions! :cop: now it will be hard way to get it right! Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

Just make sure you keep a smile, while working it. That area has always been an annoyance to me :rolleyes:

You've got to be, like, one of the five people that bought that decal sheet! Bwahahaha!

Seriously though, should be a good project, and it already looks like your off to a good start.

Hoops

You've got to be, like, one of the five people that bought that decal sheet! Bwahahaha!

Seriously though, should be a good project, and it already looks like your off to a good start.

Hoops

Thanks Hoops! although kit needs much putty, works going very nice! :woot.gif:

Hey - I've got 2 and my friend mig23 has already built one each of the brown and blue a/c (can't remember which tailcodes though...)

Decals are great, i really enjoyed when watching some guys here on ARC building these machines, so i decided to buy them :thumbsup:

Hello everybody!

here is some new progress: bay 5 painted , in white, washed with enamel wash, and little post shaded with silver pencil.

After all cockpit will be opened (thanks to Ken and Wayne ;) )

th_P1010305.jpg th_P1010313.jpg th_P1010314.jpg

cockpit is sprayed with Gunze mat cote:

P1010312.jpg

P1010323.jpg

P1010337.jpg

I now realized that is seam line on control stick :thumbsup:

Washed wheel bays, sanded joints between intakes and body, and pre-shaded metal area over engines, i didn't want to trow paint away :woot.gif:

th_P1010300.jpg th_P1010316.jpg th_P1010318.jpg

After consulting pictures, I discover that antennas on real blue 10 and kit antennas are on different places, I cut them all, I will scratch them later! Also HUD carrier will be scratched later!

P1010320.jpg

Thanks for watching!

:thumbsup:

Edited by mario krijan
Great progress mario :cheers:

Don´t worry about the seam on the control stick... I sure didn´t notice it!

Cheers!

Thanks my friend! camera scaled up, so it is not visible to much when you looking! Thanks! :cheers:

• 3 weeks later...

Hell to all!

Here is little more progress on intakes, they are really nightmare, but i thnk that in the end would be nice. First i get white color then i will masked it , and glued upper half of fuselage, and nose

P1010573.jpg

P1010591.jpg

P1010592.jpg

Joint in thw middle of wings is glued sanded, now i will re scribe them!

P1010567.jpg

Thanks for watching!! :wink:

Thanks Ken! After I saw one Revell F-15E broken on same place, i decided to go with styrene plates!

Yes after I assembled nozzles they don't look that bad, but it is hard to get real circle. I put inside pencil and try tho push petals around pencil, but is tricky... after painting they would be very nice!

hello everybody!

Every joint on this kit needs great amount of putty and lots of sanding, but after all can be nicely done!

P1010639.jpg

right side, especially will be problem gun intake seam inside of it:

P1010640.jpg

Left side needs much more putty (misaligned intake and other two body parts), and other places:

th_P1010641.jpg th_P1010648.jpg th_P1010649.jpg

Edited by mario krijan

After sanding:

th_P1010712.jpg th_P1010713.jpg th_P1010690.jpg th_P1010689.jpg

Those pictures are just for probe how it will looks like in near future (i am hoping so):

P1010701.jpg

P1010724.jpg

vertical fins are misplaced purposely! :-P

Comments, questions are welcome!

Thanks for watching! 8)

Edited by mario krijan