1/32nd Apollo Astronauts?

In FSM, I've seen several command/service modules of the 1/32 Revell kit.

These mini-dioramas have a member of the Apollo crew doing a spacewalk - usually retrieving film canisters.

Does anyone know a source for these spacewalking Apollo astronauts?

I've checked NewWare and RealSpace along with dozens of other sites, but have struck out so far.

Thanks in advance

In FSM, I've seen several command/service modules of the 1/32 Revell kit.

These mini-dioramas have a member of the Apollo crew doing a spacewalk - usually retrieving film canisters.

Does anyone know a source for these spacewalking Apollo astronauts?

I've checked NewWare and RealSpace along with dozens of other sites, but have struck out so far.

Thanks in advance

The only spacewalk carried out during the Apollo program was by David Scott and Rusty Schweickart during the Apollo 9 mission in earth orbit. This was to test the Apollo lunar EVA suit in real space conditions and to check the feasibility of crew transfer between the CM and LM via EVA. There were no film canisters involved during this EVA.

Just Google "Apollo 9 EVA" and you'll find all the photos you need.

As for an EVA Apollo astronaut kit you might have to kitbash one from the LM commander as I don't think one exists.

Cheers,

John

The only spacewalk carried out during the Apollo program was by David Scott and Rusty Schweickart during the Apollo 9 mission in earth orbit. This was to test the Apollo lunar EVA suit in real space conditions and to check the feasibility of crew transfer between the CM and LM via EVA. There were no film canisters involved during this EVA.

Just Google "Apollo 9 EVA" and you'll find all the photos you need.

As for an EVA Apollo astronaut kit you might have to kitbash one from the LM commander as I don't think one exists.

Cheers,

John

Al Worden on Apollo 15 retrieved film cassettes while doing an EVA,and that is listed as being the first EVA from the Command Module on the way back to Earth. Ken Mattingly did the same on Apollo 16, and on Apollo 17 it was Ron Evans.

From Wiki

600px-As17-152-23391.jpg

As far as 1/32 Astronauts, the only ones I am aware of are the ones formerly released by EVA models. They are now OOB, the owner having died early in 2008.

Edited by JasonB

Ignacio Bernácer has made some nice Apollo CMP EVA figures!

Here's his version of Ken Mattingly's transearth coast EVA:

matt5g.jpg

I suspect though these never went into production. Except for CSM onboard astronauts figures (3), they are available via New Ware.

More of Mr. Bernácer's work can be found here:

http://www.escat.net/astronautas.htm

Apollo 9 has the distinction of being the first two person EVA as it was Rusty and Dave. But yes, EVAs were done on 15, 16 and 17 (to date, the furthest from earth EVAs ever carried out if one doesn't include the moon walks).

Other then EVA models, New Ware might have something as well as I know they at least do bubble helmets with heads for the CSM crew. They may do spacewalking astronauts as well. Of course, it potentially wouldn't be that difficult to convert with a saw, some arms and some two part epoxy putty to make the suit folds, the chest pack and the helmet shields.

Ignacio Bernácer has made some nice Apollo CMP EVA figures!

Here's his version of Ken Mattingly's transearth coast EVA:

matt5g.jpg

I suspect though these never went into production. Except for CSM onboard astronauts figures (3), they are available via New Ware.

More of Mr. Bernácer's work can be found here:

http://www.escat.net/astronautas.htm

Gorgeous!

Went to his site. Don't read his language, I'm afraid.

Too bad no one produces them.

Does this mean I'll have to learn to scratchbuild????? FIGURES????? :)

• 3 years later...

Too bad no one produces them.

Does this mean I'll have to learn to scratchbuild????? FIGURES????? :)/>

Mods, sorry to bring up this dusted thread, however there's good news on the horizon for this thread's starter and others:

It looks like Ignacio Bernacer Alpera is working on or already making his Apollo trans-Earth EVA astronaut models available for customers!

More info here:

I would suggest going on eBay and looking up Marx astronaut figures. MOST are 1/32 scale and they come in many different poses. You could buy a few of these, and cut off the arms and legs, and use cement and putty to remake the figure in the pose you want. Then paint 'em up as desired.

$T2eC16VHJIIE9qTYKJ1!BQMZmzufjg~~60_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARX-1970S-MARS-LANDING-PLAYSET-ORANGE-ASTRONAUT-FLOATING-ABOVE-MARS-MINT-/310422695347?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4846a26db3

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARX-1970S-MARS-LANDING-PLAYSET-ORANGE-ASTRONAUT-PHOTOGRAPHING-ON-MARS-MINT-/310422695359?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4846a26dbf

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARX-1970S-APOLLO-MOON-LANDING-PLAYSET-ASTRONAUT-WALKING-ON-THE-MOON-MINT-/230840551471?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35bf2b482f

EDIT:

Also, look up Pascal Hecker on Collectspace. He seems to be the authority on astronaut figure modeling, especially Apollo. He might know of another solution. Here's his build thread, it's quite inspirational!

http://www.collectspace.com/ubb/Forum16/HTML/000612.html

Edited by Hotdog