• 2 weeks later...

She's making headway! I still don't know the individual aircraft letter, so I've left it off for now. Interestingly enough, one of the tail numbers supplied in the kit is 42-76179. I was able to cut the 79 off of each tail number decal, separate the 9 and 7, flip the 9 and instantly I had the correct tail number 42-76167!

There is a single kill below the canopy rail for the Me109 kill that 2Lt George W. Kelly scored on 8 April 1944.

A-2021-1.jpg

A-2020-1.jpg

And lastly, this is 2LT Kelly's uniform. I have not restored his ribbons to it yet, but will be doing so relatively soon. I'm looking forward to finally complete this display!

A-2019-1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well, we're mere weeks from the end of the GB and I still have not deciphered Kelly's aircraft individual code letter. I'm away on annual training right now, but will be home Sunday to get some more work done on this bird. Hopefully I'll finish everything but those last two decals and will be able to figure it out once I get a copy of "Mogin's Maulers". We'll see!

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sadly, I have not been able to find the individual letter for this bird. I've got combat reports, the individual aircraft record card and the missing aircrew report for 42-76167, and nowhere does it say the individual aircraft letter....

I think this bird's as done as she's gonna get until I can find that letter!

Jon