The Kazon torpedo was the fourth model kit. Technically the special edition Voyager would be the fifth kit, but that is a retooling of the original Voyager kit.

I think RoG will do well with sales of the Voyager and the Maquis ship. The Kazon ships never sold all that well and the Torpedo was probably the worst Trek subject ever done in kit form (or at least is tied with the Polar Lights Scorpion class attack shuttle) from a sales standpoint. From time to time, I can still find the original release Kazon ships on sale at hobby shops.

Voyager, the maquis ship and the Kazon cruiser were rereleased by RoG in November and can be found in the starship modeller store, but voyager is presently sold out. I am not certain how or if they are different from previous releases, but I would imagine Voyager is based on the second edition which included a clear part for the main deflector

Voyager

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/newshop/ind...Product_ID=1612

Maquis fighter

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/newshop/ind...Product_ID=1630

Kazon cruiser

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/newshop/ind...Product_ID=1629

PS I loathe voyager... just for the record

Sorry if this has been answered, but is this a retooled version? or a re-release of the old kit? I am not as familiar with the voyager kits as I am the other series

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been answered, but is this a retooled version? or a re-release of the old kit? I am not as familiar with the voyager kits as I am the other series

AFAIK these kits are exactly the same as they were in their initial run.

You can view PDF's of their instructions on the RoG site - just click on the wrench icons above the kit names.

HTH,

Andre

I've always been a Star Trek Original Series and TNG fan, plus all of the movies that surround those two TV series (The Enterprise series was "o.k' but not stellar IMHO). I never could get into DS9 or Voyager. I guess for me Star Trek without the USS Enterprise just doesn't seem quite right.

As an aside, I've just finished reading the "Destiny" series of Star Trek novels (books 1 through 3) and the two follow up novels ("Losing the Peace" and "A Singular Destiny") and I really enjoyed them! Highly recommended reading for the Star Trek TNG era fan. The author(s) do a great job of tying all of the different characters (characters from TNG, DS9, and Voyager are all depicted in the novels) and different subplots together. I just started book 1 of the "IKS Gorkon" series (3 books in the main series plus a follow on book) and so far it is very good. It's kind of nice to read a novel that deals solely with the Klingons. I have the complete "Vanguard" series waiting for me when I complete the Gorkon books and it will be nice to go back in time to Captain Kirk's era with that series.

Cheers all!

Don

This is clearly the "Fixed" version. It has the shuttle craft, shuttle bay, and the deflector parts are correctly placed on the clear and regular sprues. Not 100% sure which version of the decals it has.

This is clearly the "Fixed" version. It has the shuttle craft, shuttle bay, and the deflector parts are correctly placed on the clear and regular sprues. Not 100% sure which version of the decals it has.

It has the later version of the decals, which include the "inside the window" decals, so it looks like good news all around.

As an aside, I've just finished reading the "Destiny" series of Star Trek novels (books 1 through 3) and the two follow up novels ("Losing the Peace" and "A Singular Destiny") and I really enjoyed them! Highly recommended reading for the Star Trek TNG era fan. The author(s) do a great job of tying all of the different characters (characters from TNG, DS9, and Voyager are all depicted in the novels) and different subplots together. I just started book 1 of the "IKS Gorkon" series (3 books in the main series plus a follow on book) and so far it is very good. It's kind of nice to read a novel that deals solely with the Klingons. I have the complete "Vanguard" series waiting for me when I complete the Gorkon books and it will be nice to go back in time to Captain Kirk's era with that series.

The post-Destiny Voyager novels ("Full Circle" and "Unworthy") are both top notch. Vanguard is also very good. It's best to read the Vanguard books all in a row because it is so complex.

I had the chance a few years back to watch all of the Ms Bujold footage (this is a small bit) and she was really in pain between takes. There is one bit where after a take the camera focuses on her in the Captain's chair and she has her eyes closed seemingly like she was at the dentist's office. It was not pretty. There was one take where she was almost getting it, but it never did quite gell. I've seen her in other things and indeed she is a great actress, but not everyone is cut out for TV work, especially in SF TV.

The footage I saw also had the production team having to literally film around the scenes with Janeway as the production team regrouped and recasted. So they had to do other things to keep the production schedule flowing. One of the scenes filmed was between Quark, Kim and Paris in Quark's bar on DS9. It was interesting watching the takes they did from the different angles. The funniest bit though was after Kim closes the lid on a container of jewelry that Quark was trying to sell him, both he and Paris walk off and the camera focuses on Quark's dejected face. Both the other actors walk off and Paris says the line "Didn't they warn you about Ferengi at the Academy" to which Armin Shimerman as Quark gets a goofy look on his face and says right to the camera "&^%$ you!" and smiles. It was the funniest Trek moment I had ever seen.

I remember watching that with you at WF. The original Janeway just couldn't get her mind around the lines and there had to be other problems as well.