I've just begun my builds. I was going to just do an A-4E and A-4L, but saw the A-4B sitting on the top of the pile and figured what the heck....might as well go assembly line style on em!

These are all Hobbycraft kits. The cockpits are pretty basic, so I didn't bother documenting their assembly.

scooter_attack.jpg

Edited by paul.nortness

Nice row, reminds me of some scrap yards I've seen. :thumbsup: Looking forward to seeing your three come together.

What markings are you planning on doing? I have a Has C that will probably be built as a L, lots of colorful paintschemes.

mason

Edited by doupnik

The A-4B is getting an early VA-12 scheme, from the USS Essex

The A-4C is getting either a VA-93 or VA-106 scheme....haven't decided on that one yet (yes....I am starting a fourth...figured what the heck!)

The A-4E will be dressed in VC-2 colors

The A-4L is going to be wearing either VA-204 River Rattlers or VA-205 Air Barons....I am leaning toward the more colorful River Rattler markings

Paul

It is interesting that I am thinking the same thing. I have two of my HC Skyhawks almost ready for paint. When I picked up the Hasegawa kits my enthusiasum went out the window to finish them but they keep staring at me with sad eyes so I will do the same as you. One will be an Argentine Skyhawk and one will be in USN Agressor.

Keep up the good work and good luck with your production line.

Edited by skyhawk174

I spent today building up the A-4C to get it caught up with the others. I also added some bits and pieces onto the others (noses, intakes, the hump on the L, etc)

scooter_attack1.jpg

The one without a nose cone is the new comer....I ran of of nose weight, so I have to run to the store and pick up more fish weights before I can put on the nose cone

As much as I love these little kits.....I do have to say that the interior is very uh...how do I put this....."sparce". While they aren't decals.....what am I saying, decals might actually look a little better.

The nice thing is, you can drop in just about anything. I've used a Monogram cockpit before, I know a guy who has used a Hasegawa cockpit. I am sure any AM stuff made for the Hasegawa kit would fit it as well.

It should be mentioned though.....that really, the hole is so small, the only time a super detailed cockpit would be visible on an A-4 would be in 32nd scale.

Edited by paul.nortness

Got a bit more work done today.....

scooter_attack2.jpg

The majority of the seam filling and sanding is complete, I just need to fill the wing to fuselage joints and then I want to go back over with a smoother grit and also hit some of the panel lines with a pin vise and clear out any excess putty/Mr. Surfacer.

:lol: Good grief! You're an assembly line all by yourself! And how many Hobbycraft Skyhawks do you have in the stash?! :salute: I'm positive I've seen a couple completed Hobbycraft Skyhawks from you in the past.

Keep it up, looking forward to seeing these. How do you keep them straight? A piece of tape with the variant written on it, or do you just know A-4's that well?

This is it....once these are built, I am out of HC Skyhawks. Yeah, I've done a C and a M before.

It's not too hard to tell em apart. The B has a shorter nose than the C, while the C has a shorter nose than the E. The L is just like a C, but with the avionics hump on the spine.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking great Paul!!! I just finished my academy A-4, and have moved to the I think the same skyhawk molds you have now from HC. I do have one set of spare cockpit decals if you want those. Those are from HAS and look good.

Besides the Old ESCI kit I have on the line the A-4E of moonogram which is I think the best. Good detail in the office and good fit and having photo parts as well for the bombs canopy and slats.

My finished Skyhawk you can see here: I got spare decals from Spook 498.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/locate_and_ceme...?showtopic=1243