1/48 "Revcademiya" F-15E OIF 2003

There are two little probes in the inlet outer wall, which from the front (only viewing angle) can be fudged with pitots (especially if you use the TERRIBLY WRONG Academy ones that are supposed to go by the nose gear location you mentioned). Revell supplies pretty decent, if thick, correctly shaped probes for the behind the nose gear area. See below for the correct shape of the "by the rear of the nose gear" probes.

dscn4615.jpg

Edited by MarkW
Looking good bud :deadhorse1:

Why did you put them pitot tubes in the intakes? The two Probes your thinking of, are on the side of the Fuselage close to the nose rear gear door. Look at the Revell instructions "Step 9 (A)" you should see the placement and parts.

Those are shown in Jake's book, or you can check THIS PIC out(sorry... I can't remember where this picture from...)

I decided to paint the forward fuselage before I'd attatch it to the rest part, because the intakes some how would block the underneath area to be painted.

IMG_5600.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

Jin

Very nice work!!

As you know I am a fan of your work. And this is turning out like a winner!

David

David, thank you! I'll try not to let you down.

One little critique. I think you are going too far back on your white in the intakes. The gray should only be about a scale 4-6 feet back from the mouth. I think that would only be about one inch in 1/48.

Aaron

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :thumbsup: I'll keep that in mind next time... thank you Aaron.

this is absolutely bonkers!

Amazing detail! Keep it up!

Thank you Paul.

Some updates around the CFTs, I guess those are called "sealings" between the CFTs and fuselage, a little bit over-scaled though...

IMG_5621.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5628.jpg

Coming along nicely there Jin. Anyway just wanna ask what unit are you gonna depict this Strike from? If you're gonna do a Strike from the 335th or 336th FS, if you'll really wanna be accurate, you'll need to remove the airscoop on the CFTs as the SJ Strikes are all equipped with the older PW F100-220 engines. The airscoop is only mounted on Strikes that are powered by the newer and more reliable PW F100-229 engines as seen on most MO and LN Strikes. Hope it's not too late to correct it. :)

Qian

Coming along nicely there Jin. Anyway just wanna ask what unit are you gonna depict this Strike from? If you're gonna do a Strike from the 335th or 336th FS, if you'll really wanna be accurate, you'll need to remove the airscoop on the CFTs as the SJ Strikes are all equipped with the older PW F100-220 engines. The airscoop is only mounted on Strikes that are powered by the newer and more reliable PW F100-229 engines as seen on most MO and LN Strikes. Hope it's not too late to correct it. ;)

Qian

Wow! Didn't notice that! :) :bandhead2:

Definitely not too late. Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi gents, I wish all of you a happy Chinese New Year for the coming Chinese "Year of Tiger"!

Followed by some tiny updates...

Thanks again Qian, I've changed the CFT vent to the older type, frankly, I planned to add the insider spring also, but I gave it up...

IMG_5830.jpg

Also, keep on the working of the nose... waiting for some final add-on weathering on some areas.

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5926.jpg

Jin

WOW, this is really starting to come together very very nicely. I really hope that everything goes well when you attach the forward to rear fuselage. Hope there wont be too much sanding for filling to do.

WOW, this is really starting to come together very very nicely. I really hope that everything goes well when you attach the forward to rear fuselage. Hope there wont be too much sanding for filling to do.

Thank you JMan, I think it's not so bad.

IMG_5966.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5961.jpg

Waiting for fading.

Jin

I see you filled in the upper doors on the fuselage back from the inlet--good catch.

The fuselage seam looks great up top--how does the front/main fuselage seam look on the underside? I had some minor issues there, fixed with a bit of putty.

Very impressed by your work....and the nose to fuselage join. I've yet to get it that cleanly done that I could have painted prior to attaching. Nice job, can't wait to see the finished product.

Justin

I see you filled in the upper doors on the fuselage back from the inlet--good catch.

The fuselage seam looks great up top--how does the front/main fuselage seam look on the underside? I had some minor issues there, fixed with a bit of putty.

Hey Mark, the joint was not perfect, but acceptable.

IMG_5975.jpg

Fading and first round light-washing were done, also, I applied some more oil-dust shaders over some areas

IMG_5980.jpg

IMG_5981.jpg

Still, I have some color difference between fwd and rear fuselage, but I think with 2nd round wash/filter and flat coating, it'll be fixed, I hope...

Jin

Edited by viperbite

Decalling, 2nd washing/weathering and flat coating done. Now 25% work left.

IMG_6100.jpg

side.jpg

Comparing with "Swamp Fox" finished last year, can't say nothing "new" gained, though the basic shading process are same, the viper was done with some certain shading "formula", while the mudhen looks more natural, you guys think?

IMG_6075.jpg

Jin