1/48 Invisible Jet

I was really impressed by this model. I like how the cockpit details and even the interior bracing was done in the similar invisible style. The pictures aren't really that high resolution, but I couldn't see a single seam or other modeling mistake.

i have this kit in my stash. But i don't know where it is. One day i bought it, but didn't want a discusion with my wife about the crowing stash so i bring it in the house without the box and putted with another kitbox. But i don't know what kit i putted with. Now i can not find it annymore. Such a pitty, i like the detail level verry much. I still have a nice resin a.m. c.p. set from Pavla. Maybe one day i'll find it again and built it.

I hate to burst your bubble folks, but I built this kit some months ago and made the mistake of applying a coat of gray primer (note to self: use Future next time). Much to my surprise and chagrin, I wound up not with a jet but an apparent repop of the Williams Bros. 1/72 B-10 kit. :cheers:

:D

I saw right through this from the beginning! Clearly, this is the work of a professional grade modeller. I demand more transparency in the future!

Gotta say though...those decals went on like glass. Excellent work...but how do you keep the dust off it?

Alvis 3.1

Guys, pssst, over here. Come closer. I gotta little secret to tell ya. No closer. OK, here goes. Its not invisible at all. No really. Look close. No closer. See it??? He exactly matched the blue shade of the background. See the shadow? No, not that one, THAT one! What, are ya blind? Excellent airbrush work, but HARDLY invisible...

I have a shelf full of these at home.

The missus likes them more than the rest of my 1/48 collection.

They also glide really well out a window. So well in fact I havnt had one break when they hit the ground yet *touch wood!

Someone asked for some in-progress pics. Here you go:

Cockpiy assembly:

Forward fuselage. Had few problems with fit here but managed to get it all sorted. Some p/e detail as well.

Rear fuselage: This whent togeather without any hastle. Some nice p/e extras here. Also some scratch details added

All togeather: Just some minor seams to fill. Engines will be next:

Engines and also the canopy:

All ready with primer on. No realy big issues turned up

And here is the finished thing!!!

A nice build overall. No real probelms. Didnt turn out quite as nice as Gonzalo's but im pretty pleased.

Hope that helps with any questions about the kit.

David

In case anyone is looking for real-life references, I've found a couple.

This is the "silly week" version (kind of like an egg plane).

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Wonder_Woman's_Invisible_Jet

And this is the real thing (apologies for the lighting, but it's the only pic I could find).

http://www.chrisgood.com/aircraft/images/invisible_plane.jpg

HTH!

ALF

I found one on evilbay.

Seller say it's compleet and like brand new but looking at the pictures I think one of the landing gears is missing.

Fuselage parts and wings where removed from the sprues so I think more parts are missing.

Didn't see an assembly guide so it would be guesswork putting it together and where decals would go.

Asking prices is ridiculously high, but knowing it 's a rare kit, I'm tempted.

Thinking of buying it because I heard that eduard will make a PE set for it.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Rob.

So....

Im sitting here reading the threads, and even though I saw the pics of the model, I still find myself thinking....."this is one hell of an aircraft, I really need to get my hands on one." And I was DEAD serious. I need to get out more!! Job well done sir!

They are doing this kit in 1/72nd? I've never seen it at my LHS. Must be an invisible marketing campaign to push the model. Pretty smart if you ask me! Bet it would sell a few kits for them....

IF you could find one on the shelf.

Regards,

B

I´m sure some modeller friends think this thread is really crazy,but take a look at this picture,this is real life!!

invisible_plane.jpg

I bought one a year ago and still didn´t glue a piece,the instruction sheet is really confusing!!

Regards,

I.Martin