Securing rocks and pebbles.

I just completed my first dio (pictures to follow). What can I use to secure small piles of tiny rocks,pebbles and sand to the base so they don't all fall off when moved or transported? I thought about spraying them with a coat or two of Future hoping it would act as a glue/sealant then flat coating over that. Your thoughts? TIA!!

I would probably glue them, either super glue or gorilla glue.

I didn't see the sand part, I was just thinking about rocks, but yeah thinned white glue for the smaller stuff like sand & even static grass...

Edited by arkhunter2002

Securing those materials after being laid down is doing it the hard way. Spraying on a coat of thinned out white glue might work. Better would be to start over and spray your base with 3M spray adhesive or brush on light coats of white glue and then put on the landscaping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way the railway modellers do it, is by setting down the sand and gravel and then spaying it (an indoor plant sprayer will do) with a 50;50 mix of PVA & Water. If you add a drop of washing up liquid it will help break the surface tension in the water.

Now the W A R N I N G .....

Try the technique out first with the aterials you are going to use.

I did this with some crushed granite. There was a chemical reaction between the granite & the washing up liquid. My nice grey granite went green.. However I understand that it makes my hands soft......... :D