1/32 Tamiya F4-E 'Early Production' RAAF Phantom

Hi guys,

I'd already started this having only really completed the cockpit, but It's probably better here at this stage than where it was in the WIP forum.

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....p;#entry1865882

Regards

Andrew :unsure:

Edited by Andrew Doppel
  • 2 weeks later...

I have finally pulled my finger out on this build and actually done some more work on it. Here you can see the main wing sections attached, the tails in position, radar built and the exhausts painted. Not much I know but other builds have taken precident such as my RAN Sea Venom rebuild and RAAF Barracuda Huey. I hope you like the progress. There should be more in the next few days.

Regards

Andrew :woot.gif:

DSC04052.jpg

DSC04053.jpg

Bigg project......

....love the radar set. How much are you going to open her up ?

(got any current pics of your Aussie Superbug ?)

Thanks guys,

The nose is transparent on this kit so I am thinking of have just a clear panel on one side so you can see the radar and gun which I put together last night. I need to paint it and the radar first before I post pics so you can actually see the detail of the kit. I should have more pics tonight as the wings are now complete.

Steve, I haven't got any piucs of my Superbug yet but I can tell you most of it is together and it just needs sanding before it too can get a lick of paint. The decals for it arrived last week from Southern Sky.

Regards

Andrew :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

DSC04067.jpg

DSC04068.jpg

DSC04069.jpg

DSC04070.jpg

My intention now is to use a blob of blue tack inside the nose so that the magnificent detail within the nose can be seen and then replicated on the outside so that the detail is visible after painting. I'm going to give the radar and gun a wash before fitting properly. I hope you like it.

Regards

Andrew :D

Edited by Andrew Doppel
  • 1 month later...

Well after a month of doing other projects, I have managed to spend a couple of hours today working again on this beast. I have painted inside the nose area flat white and added some gun and other dirt to the nose cavity before putting it all together and attaching it to the main fuselage. I have inserted the U/C legs which I'll mask off and paint white after the lower side of the a/c has been painted. I've also joined the wing tanks (not pictured) and some smaller bits and pieces. Here's some pics of where I'm at. Hope you like my progress.

Regards

Andrew :trolls:

DSC04071.jpg

DSC04073.jpg

Observe that I have left a window to see the radar and gun detail

DSC04072.jpg

Close up of the window

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Besides having to re-paint the nose again, here's what I have been doing to this F4-E. I had to strip the One-Go/Future from the front canopy as after I dipped it I realised there was some tan overspray on it that I missed cleaning off (photo 4). The clear bits are just sitting in position I have more P/E and resin to add to the screens and tub and a little bit of touching up before markings go on but it's almost there.

DSC04147.jpg

DSC04148.jpg

DSC04149.jpg

DSC04150.jpg

DSC04151.jpg

DSC04152.jpg

DSC04153.jpg

Regards

Andrew Doppel :D

All the P/E has been attached, the decals are on and the wash is done. Now it's time to finish off. Next will be the Dull Cote followed by some minor touch ups, seats and some RBF tags. I hope you like it.

DSC04169.jpg

DSC04170.jpg

DSC04171.jpg

DSC04172.jpg

DSC04173.jpg

DSC04174.jpg

Regards

Andrew :(

The Dull Cote is on, the canopy tape is off, some RBF tags are on. Now for the seat belts and some weathering and she's done. Sorry about the grainy pics. I'll put up better ones when it's done.

DSC04181.jpg

DSC04182.jpg

DSC04183.jpg

DSC04184.jpg

DSC04185.jpg

DSC04186.jpg

Regards

Andrew :thumbsup:

Edited by Andrew Doppel