Well here I am starting another group build. I'm still finishing my 727 that what supposed to be built for the Trash Haulers GB. I bought this Kit via Ebay a few months ago. I've never built a WWII kit. Actually this will only be my 4th model i've built in the last 20 years.

IMG_0694.jpg

I popped the box yesterday and started the cockpit yesterday while the kids were napping. I love this thing. I thought I would do this a total OOB build. But, I'd like to find another set of aftermarket decals. I hope to have some cockpit bits painted today.

Edited by Lenny
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I've been plugging away at my P-47 this week. I got the cockpit finished last night. I used Model Master Interior Green and did a bit of dry brushing.

IMG_0708.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good. Sorry about the poor picture. I'm still getting used to photography. I can't seem to get my camera to take any close in pictures. I got the wings finished and the wheel wells painted. I'll post some shots tonight. I hope to get the fuselage closed up tonight.

Pretty good night for me, I got the fuselage mated. This afternoon I worked on getting the wings attached to the body.

IMG_0709.jpg

The upper wing looks great the bottom well:

IMG_0711.jpg

Thankfully I had some strip styrene. This will be my first try with this process. After seeing others on the GB using this method I decided to try it. Looks like a night of gap filling for me. Wish me luck. :cheers:

IMG_0712.jpg

Edited by Lenny
Hi Lenny, I've build a few of the Hasegawa kits and had the same fit problem on all of them. Looking forward to seeing more WIP.

Ben

I've had the same problem on two previous builds. My latest, wasn't as bad. I wonder why.

• 1 month later...

Finally, I've got some work done on my Jug. Fuselage is together and gap filled. Primer sprayed. IMG_0755.jpg

I also was able to get the gear finished and the center tank complete.IMG_0756.jpg

I hope i'll be able to get some paint on her this week.

Lenny

• 1 month later...

I've finally finished this build. Sorry not that many in progress pics. There were lots of firsts for me on this build. It was my first prop, first use of aftermarket decals (Aztec) they went on pretty stiff but laid down sweet after some solvent. This was my first use of pre shading and oil wash. Overall a pretty fun build. I learned a ton. It isn't the greatest build but I keep banging away.

IMG_0815.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0821.jpg

IMG_0822.jpg

Len