Just a quick question about opening the gun bay panels on the Trumpeter Tomcat. The instructions list the interior of the bays as white (IIRC, it says paint the interior of the panels tan :huh:). Due to the fact I've noticed a few painting faux pas on that instruction sheet (painting the rear fins on an AIM-9 black, for one), I just want to make sure. I've looked at the shots in the DACO book and it kind of looks light gray to me, but that could just be because of dirt.

If anybody REALLY wants to make me happy, tell me it's not white...:pray:. Gear bays are bad enough :bandhead2:.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
James, looks white to me ...

>>> Clicky <<<

Gregg

Oh, sure, Gregg...thanks for ruining a perfectly good evening :bandhead2:!

Just kidding...thanks for the help. Oh well...pick my poison...fart with panels that probably won't fit worth a crap, or face my arch-nemesis, white paint.

Edited by TomcatFanatic123

As Gregg stated, the gun and ammo drum bays where GLOSS white and somewhat dirty. Also, if you open the drum bay you have to open the small panel jusst aft of it, you could not open the drum panel without opening that panel first. The very forward gun panel, where the muzzle is (it has the gun gas exhuast removed or what we called the "hair dryer" would be silver inside vice white.

HTH

Reddog