Jump to content

P-47 Razor and Bubble


Recommended Posts

Here some inprogress photos, as for the instrument panel I used the kit decal. I also used my Waldron punch and die set to punch the decal and finally epoxy for the lens.

DSC02566.jpg

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02569.jpg

DSC02570.jpg

Here the markings Lt. Robert Yeager, 40th FS, 35th FG

DSC02571.jpg

Bubble

DSC02562.jpg

DSC02563.jpg

DSC02560.jpg

DSC02559.jpg

Here the bubble markings, Fuerza Aerea Mexicana

DSC02564.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made more progress to the interior used mike grant decals, kit decals and paint a few of the placards. Removed the molded detail from the seat bulkhead and added it to the seat frame. Also added detail to the back side of the instrument panel used plastic rod and brass wire.

DSC02576.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

DSC02579.jpg

DSC02580.jpg

DSC02575.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made more progress on my bubble top. I reworked the throttle by removing the molded in detail and adding my own I also added the linkage. The belts and harnest is from eduards also adding more detail to the gun sight. Thanks for looking.

Ben

DSC02581.jpg

DSC02587.jpg

DSC02584.jpg

DSC02583.jpg

DSC02582.jpg

DSC02585.jpg

DSC02586.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Completed the cockpit on my bubble top and like the way it turned out. Tamiya did a great job on interior for the jug you don't have to go and get a bunch of aftermarket parts. The only aftermarket is the seatbelts anyway here is a few photos.

Here is a better photo of the throttle quadrant the levers are photo etch scraps and the knobs were made with white glue. The linkage is strech sprue, placards are decals and painted some.

DSC02600.jpg

The gunsight I added the harnest and cable with wire and replaced the reflector and mounting bracket.

DSC02591.jpg

DSC02590.jpg

I used stretch sprue for the bungee cord on the seat.

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02594.jpg

DSC02595.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Made more progress,added ducting for the intercoolerexhaust and block off the oil cooler exhaust.

DSC02601.jpg

Because I glued the tail to the fuselage first I had a small gap, that I fill in with a thin strip of plastic.

DSC02610.jpg

On the belly I filled in the drop tank inserts the kit parts don't fit very well and I will not used a drop tank.

DSC02605-1.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

DSC02613.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Started painting and masking the nose cowl, made a template with folder paper used the decal (red trim) as a guide. With water I was able to lay it on the cowl, I the gave it a light coat of paint removed the paper and let it dry. I masked the cowl again with tamiya tape and painted the cowl again. I'm going to let the white dry for a few day then paint the red trim, the decal went to pieces on me. Thanks for looking

DSC02617.jpg

DSC02620.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02624.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...