1/48 Academy CH-53E HMT-302

Wow! Raised from the dead. LOL.

Thanks very much for the comments and critiques. I really appreciate them! I'm away on my navy summer cruise right now, but I may just go ahead and make those changes when I get back. I want it to be as accurate as I can make it!

Thanks again and welcome to ARC Drew!

SLICK

• 4 months later...
Slick, what you have done with the CH-53E is superb as one who worked on some in HMT-302 and HMH-464, should know. That is really outstanding.. but you did ask for some criticism. Three antennas are incorrect as they are duplicated. Lets start with the AN/ARC-210 UHF/VHF antenna on the drive shaft cowling on the back of the aircraft, second to last down the middle. That one was removed due to the coax cable coming apart from the connector and dropping on the drive shaft in flight, not good. Was moved on to the airframe to the left of the drive shaft tunnel, you have that one on the aircraft already. Second, the GPS smoke stake was also removed from the driveshaft cowling for the same reason as the comm antenna, it now uses a mount to the right side of the drive shaft cowling and it is just the little square on the right side just forward of the smoke stack on the airframe. You have that antenna already on there also. And third, AN/ARC-94 uses the wire antenna on the right side of the aircraft and the AN/ARC-174 uses the tube antenna, also on the right side of the aircraft, common called the pullup bars. They are both High Frequency (HF) radio antennas, the aircraft with will have either or, but not both. So it would be your choice as to which one to use, but with that BUNO 163075 the AN/ARC-174 (long tube antenna) is good to go, the wire was removed during a change. Dude other than the duplication of the antennas that is most outstanding. I have a CH-53E and a MH-53E model kit that I haven't started yet. Its really been years since I have even touched my model building supplies.. but one day soon when the kids get a little bigger, I am going to get back into it and maybe mine will look almost as good as yours does.. hopefully. Thanks for the pictures they are great..

Drew

Hi, Drew

I was looking information regarding the CH-53E Ambient and external lights system. i wans ti use microLEDs to light my model. I identified some of these on several pics i have, but i want to see if i can get a more comprehensive reference for this.

Best

Oscar.