Bad Trader - International

I need some advice. I ordered a model (a VERY expensive model) over a year ago now and still have not received it. The artist has kept in contact with me as well as kept me up to date on his progress. I have also purchased other models from him in the interim without an issue. However, I am starting to feel like I might be getting scammed. I do not want to negatively affect his business as I know he is struggling to get business. What makes this more difficult, is that his business is outside the USA.

I am a trusting and patient person and I feel like I know this person based on our communications over the last year. I would love to get the model built and displayed on as many sites as I can to help his business (his models are top notch). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like this person is building the model for you. If there's been good communication about progress, I wouldn't worry, particularly since you've completed other transactions with him in the meantime.

However, if you're concerned, perhaps he could take a few pictures of the build so you could see how things are going.

:thumbsup:

Mike

It sounds like this person is building the model for you. If there's been good communication about progress, I wouldn't worry, particularly since you've completed other transactions with him in the meantime.

However, if you're concerned, perhaps he could take a few pictures of the build so you could see how things are going.

:thumbsup:

Mike

Mike,

Thanks. He has sent pictures, although he is not building the model for me. He is updating a previously available model to improve the accuracy of it. The reason I am so leery is that about 6 years ago I contracted with a armorer to have some armor made for a marriage proposal. the armorer said it would take eight months to complete. But it took 2 1/2 years and it wasn't until after I contacted the local attorney generals office, all of his vendors (and they asked him to get it done) did I receive it. Again, the work was superb (like the work from this artist) and well worth the wait.

I appreciate the advice and I will continue to be patient as I understand his situation. He has been completely up front with me thus far, it is just that bad past experience that has me feeling the way I do.

Greg

• 4 months later...
I need some advice. I ordered a model (a VERY expensive model) over a year ago now and still have not received it. The artist has kept in contact with me as well as kept me up to date on his progress. I have also purchased other models from him in the interim without an issue. However, I am starting to feel like I might be getting scammed. I do not want to negatively affect his business as I know he is struggling to get business. What makes this more difficult, is that his business is outside the USA.

I am a trusting and patient person and I feel like I know this person based on our communications over the last year. I would love to get the model built and displayed on as many sites as I can to help his business (his models are top notch). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Update: I am now being told that I will receive the model (this is not a finished model, but an unassembled/unfinished model) this September. I am trying to be very patient and understanding but I am still concerned. I will keep updating the situation as often as I can.

Update: I am now being told that I will receive the model (this is not a finished model, but an unassembled/unfinished model) this September. I am trying to be very patient and understanding but I am still concerned. I will keep updating the situation as often as I can.

I have taken on 1 commission re-build and it took about twice the time I had initially estimated. It was actually 2 models but they were in really rough shape and it involved rebuilding broken resin pieces, stripping paint and then a complete detailed paint job. I really felt bad that it took so long but I did provide regular communication and pictures.

He said he was extremely pleased by the end result but I imagine he was not too happy with the time it took.

That all said - just keep in regular contact with the guy. I am sure he is doing his best but sometimes these things take forever