I had so much fun with the first that I will build a second. :banana:

This one will have the access panels and cockpit closed. Just trying to change things up.

I really like the box art. I might even keep this one!

IMG_3383.jpg

Lots of plastic!

IMG_3402.jpg

I have to pick one of these schemes. I didn't care too much for the fourth option.

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3386.jpg

IMG_3387.jpg

Here are some of the weapon options. I'm definitely going for the gun pods! :thumbsup:

IMG_3388.jpg

Thanks guys. I washed the plastic Sat and started preparing items for painting. This will have gun panels closed so I assembled the engine very quickly.

I had a hockey game last night and took a puck off the pinky. I hope its not broken. It hurts like heck which means I won't be able to do my P90X exercises this week which also means more time for model building.

Anyways, I'm leaning towards this option. The box art depicts this guy to be worn and beat to hell.

IMG_3386.jpg

Edited by Isaac

Prep for painting. These will get RLM02.

IMG_3415.jpg

The armory. I'm going with the gun pods (not shown). What is the story on these gun pods?

IMG_3416.jpg

Lots of sub assemblies being prepped for paint. The gun covers will be closed so the engine isn't painted up. I will only paint the front and even that won;t be very visible. I think I will cut off the exhausts and glue them to the cowling.

IMG_3418.jpg

Cockpit shots. This time around, I added the seat cushion from putty. I need to shoot some flat and add a little clear to make the dials look like glass. Other than that and the gun sight, its ready to go.

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

Looking at the cockpit I think I need to tone down the chips on the seat.

Edited by Isaac

I'd avoid going for the gun pods. As far as I'm aware they were not used operationally because the recoil put too much stress on the wings.

Yellow K would have probably stuck with the same bomb racks for it's career.

Prep for painting. These will get RLM02.

IMG_3415.jpg

The armory. I'm going with the gun pods (not shown). What is the story on these gun pods?

IMG_3416.jpg

Lots of sub assemblies being prepped for paint. The gun covers will be closed so the engine isn't painted up. I will only paint the front and even that won;t be very visible. I think I will cut off the exhausts and glue them to the cowling.

IMG_3418.jpg

Cockpit shots. This time around, I added the seat cushion from putty. I need to shoot some flat and add a little clear to make the dials look like glass. Other than that and the gun sight, its ready to go.

IMG_3419.jpg

IMG_3420.jpg

IMG_3421.jpg

Looking at the cockpit I think I need to tone down the chips on the seat.

Cockpit is looking great so far.

Thanks Ali!

I haven't been posting as many shots since this is nearly identical to my previous build. But anyways here is a little progress.

Painted and weathered the landing gear bay. Also you can see the leading edge seam has been filled with a little mr sufacer and mr dissolved putty.

IMG_3427.jpg

I also joined the fuselage to the wings. The wing gun covers don't fit well. I'll post a picture tomorrow. The problem was mostly my doing.

Edited by Isaac
I'd avoid going for the gun pods. As far as I'm aware they were not used operationally because the recoil put too much stress on the wings.

Yellow K would have probably stuck with the same bomb racks for it's career.

Thanks for that Ali. I'm going more for the cool factor than the historically accurate! :(

Here is the problem. You see how the gun access covers don't fit? Well thats because when I glued the fuselage to the wings, I tried to make the fit towards the front as good as possible. Well, because of that, I didn't have the cutouts on the fuselage and upper wings lined up correctly. Something to look out for if you are going to model your eduard 190 with the gun hatch closed.

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

As far as a solution goes, I'm going to shim the gap with a little plastic card. Also, to get a decent fit on the hatch to fuselage (topside) I will make a little base to push it up. This area will then get covered by a PE strip.

Well that wasn't difficult. Since my last post I shimmed these areas. Two per side.

IMG_3434.jpg

And the gap on the bottom part of the fuselage wing joint. I had this gap on my last build as well.

IMG_3436.jpg

Now to let the glue fully cure overnight before sanding anything.

Edited by Isaac

Hello Isaac

The only thing that I have been able to find about the Fw 190 F-8/R3 is that two prototypes were built by Dornier in November 1944 before the project was abandoned. Perhaps someone else can add to or correct this. I also came across this webpage with information on the MK 103 (in German) that includes a pair of photographs of the Fw 190 F-8/R3. I hope this helps you somewhat.

http://www.cockpitinstrumente.de/archiv/Do...hinenkanone.htm

Horrido!

Leo

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Leo! Those pictures are fantastic.

I got a little done this weekend.

I cut the exhausts and glued them inside the cowling.

IMG_3450.jpg

I also cut the gun barrels and glued those as well.

IMG_3449.jpg

Here she is at the moment. I still have some more surface prep to do before the primer goes on.

IMG_3466.jpg

Not much in the way of progress. I spent the last few modeling sessions on my P-47.

Here is the current status.

IMG_3479.jpg

I sprayed a light coat of mr surfacer and found a couple areas needing some attention. This should be a fun paint job. I'm going for a really grubby and faded paint job without going overboard.

Edited by Isaac

Time for some paint. Speaking of paint, the instructions state that the upper surfaces were most likely RLM 83. Does any one disagree or can confirm this?

A preshade of Tamiya Nato Black.

IMG_3496.jpg

Then, paint the yellow id band around the nose.

IMG_3502.jpg

Now for some RLM 76 from Model Master Acryl. This particular jar paints very smoothly and is semi gloss.

IMG_3503.jpg

Time to let her dry completely before masking ensues.

IMG_3505.jpg

Looking good, Isaac.

Considering this is a late war bird, I think going with RLM 83 would be the best choice.

Thanks Mike. The RLM 83 I have in my stash (Model Master Acryl) is this shade.

The Gunze I have is this shade.

The Rlm 80 shade looks closer to the box so I'm really torn.

Wait, I just realized/remembered that rlm 82/83 are reversed in the Model Master Shades. Right?

Or is it Rlm 81/82 that are reversed?

I think this is rlm 81/82.

IMG_2985.jpg

Edited by Isaac
Wait, I just realized/remembered that rlm 82/83 are reversed in the Model Master Shades. Right?

Or is it Rlm 81/82 that are reversed?

I think this is rlm 81/82.

IMG_2985.jpg

You are correct, sir. RLM 81 = Brownviolet, RLM 82 = light green, RLM 83 = dark green. ModelMaster does have their paint numbers reversed.

HTH,

Dave

Thanks Dave!

Got some work done over the weekend. RLM 83 Dark Green from Polly Scale.

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

Time to do the tail which was taken from a different aircraft.

Edited by Isaac