Trumpeter 1/35 USMC LAV-25

I am building this 1/35 scale Trumpeter LAV-25 with PE parts from Eduard for my son who rode in one of these for 7 months in 2007 in Rawah, Iraq.

On his second deployment he was in an LAV-M.

Here is where I am at so far.

2009_1227Christmas_090004.jpg

Try posting the pic again,it didn't come out.

Sorry about that. I moved some picture files in PhotoBucket and ruined the link. lol :cop:

Here it is: 2010_0114LAV-250001.jpg

Now I need to figure out what colors of Tamiya paint I need to use and how I am going to weather it or maybe just leave it clean.

I am going to paint this the three color camo and was thinking of using Tamiya's XF-62 Olive Drab, XF-1 Flat Black and for the brown I am thinking XF-52 Flat Earth.

What do you all think? I also have XF-10 Flat Brown but I think it's too reddish/rust colored for this scheme.

Edited by MikeV

Tamiya actually has the 3-tone NATO colors in their lineup

Green XF-67

Brown XF-68

Black XF-69

Black is any old black

Flat earth would be fine for the brown I would think

I don't think Olive Drab would be close to the green. The NATO green is much greener, less or no brown. Something like a mix of Olive Green and Field Gray, or lightened Olive Green. Heres the Tamiya color chip for NAto green

header_81767_l.jpg

Olive Green

header_81758_l.jpg

Edited by JasonB
  • 2 weeks later...
Tamiya actually has the 3-tone NATO colors in their lineup

Green XF-67

Brown XF-68

Black XF-69

Black is any old black

Flat earth would be fine for the brown I would think

I don't think Olive Drab would be close to the green. The NATO green is much greener, less or no brown. Something like a mix of Olive Green and Field Gray, or lightened Olive Green.

Thanks Jason. I went and bought the three NATO colors yesterday and made some color tiles of them on printer paper as I always do. The pictures in the Tamiya catalog are not even close but that is to be expected from printing methods.

Edited by MikeV