i am wondering about the colour of the undersides of the early IIAF and IRIAF tomcats.on some pics it looks white and on others light grey.what do you think?at this moment i am still working on the cockpit and fuselage but in a couple of days my tomcat will be ready for paint so i am wondering about the undersides.

thanks

If you are building old desert camo.. light gray...

If you are building new blue camo... wrap around camo of blue gray and blue..

i am building the old desert cammo.on some of the photos the undeside colour still looks white :S

i am building the old desert cammo.on some of the photos the undeside colour still looks white :S

Hmmmm... have a look at Tamiya's Sky Grey (XF-19). It might be what you're looking for. I used that color on my Italeri F-14A (appears to be the Black Aces squadron's color at one stage).

If you have an FS595 fan deck, look up 36622. It's a very, very light grey. But it is grey. It's the same color as the belly on standard USAF SEA camo, which also looks white - until you put something white on it like a roundel. It's definitely not white though.

J