Building of Mi-24V Hind 1/35 Trumpeter

You know you are crazy right? Amazing work, and I love how functional it all is. Let me guess it will really fly too? I love what you have done, nice work.

No, it will not fly :coolio:

Yes, I know that I'm crazy. :cheers:

In fact, I am the most impatient person in the world.

I can not believe that soon there will be two years since I worked on this model. :worship:

God help me!!!

No, it will not fly :)

Yes, I know that I'm crazy. :D

In fact, I am the most impatient person in the world.

I can not believe that soon there will be two years since I worked on this model. :cheers:

God help me!!!

I do share your insanity I also spent two plus years on a model (1/48 CH-53E need to take pics of it) and I like how crazy we both are, it is fun! Look forward to seeing more.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Here is some progress with my project:

I made all the hatches and upper deck (engine, oil system, hydraulic system, AI-9V).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hatch and... i don't know how to say it in English... maybe... :crying: photo-cinema-gun :coolio: in Russian it sounds like - кинофотопулемет

5.jpg

6.jpg

And i have made braking system drive tail rotor

7.jpg

8.jpg

Simply talented. As I mentioned it before ...my kind of build. The amount of work your are putting into this one is just amazing and you say you are not patient....

Great work.

Oliver

i don't know how to say it in English... maybe... :rofl: photo-cinema-gun :yahoo: in Russian it sounds like - кинофотопулемет

Don't worry, the extend of my Russian is about "я нe xopoшo пoнимaю pyccкий", lol, but I'm pretty sure you just meant "weapon sight".

Very nice model, and crazy scratch work.

Take care,

Austin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SIR L-GREECO!

like everyone else, all i can say is WOW!!!

i have built the kit myself and it won 3rd place in my country's biggest model show BUT, my model will look like a toy compared to yours...

just one thing, maybe you do all us a big favor here and do a photo-story on how you build a panel that can be opened and close with those micro hinges of yours.. :cheers:

thanks and continue posting pics!

nick

SIR L-GREECO!

like everyone else, all i can say is WOW!!!

i have built the kit myself and it won 3rd place in my country's biggest model show BUT, my model will look like a toy compared to yours...

just one thing, maybe you do all us a big favor here and do a photo-story on how you build a panel that can be opened and close with those micro hinges of yours.. :cheers:

thanks and continue posting pics!

nick

Dear Nick, i already wrote some tutorial about hinges few months ago, and you can see it here

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=201450

And don't call me sir, please, I am a simple Russian guy ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

L-Greeco,

Awesome build. I am at a loss for words. I just picked up a 72 scale Hind a while back with some special Hungarian markings and was considering working on it. But with nowhere near the detail you are adding. Again, WOW. I know a lot of people have said so, but truly worth it!

Are interior colors in the Hinds (from what you know) as varied as in the Russian built fighters?

Hi everyone! Thank you for your interest in my work guys!

To be honest, I did all of this a month ago... but only now i found time to take a photos.

Here is what is at the moment in High Resolution :cheers: :

I've make some weathering and have applied a lot of selfmade decals. I tried to simulate depreciation of engines compartment and hatches (like after lot of repairing). You can see some scratches on decals, light brown primer under paint, and aluminium fuselage.

Waiting for your constructive comments!!!

P1000697.jpg

P1000699.jpg

P1000700.jpg

P1000701.jpg

P1000702.jpg

P1000703.jpg

P1000704.jpg

P1000705.jpg

P1000708.jpg

Edited by L-GREECO
L-Greeco,

Awesome build. I am at a loss for words. I just picked up a 72 scale Hind a while back with some special Hungarian markings and was considering working on it. But with nowhere near the detail you are adding. Again, WOW. I know a lot of people have said so, but truly worth it!

Are interior colors in the Hinds (from what you know) as varied as in the Russian built fighters?

Thank for your good words :cheers:

In real, i don't know about Hind interior colours in other countries. (sure that colours are diferent). But i have 345Mb of Hind photos (in jpg) and saved pages (in html). And also 1Gb of various books и video about Mi-24. And i ready to share with all of you my "treasures"

IrishGreek, you are greek too? ;)