Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)

My fav scene from the film:

What an unexpected find seeing that deleted scene of Air East 31!

Ditto, its a great piece of film making, the whole feel almost pseudo-documentary with the very naturalistic acting, especially the pilots voices, leaving the scene to be played out in viewers imaginations. I like the way more and more people gather around the console lending an urgency to the event.

On the debit side, those 'friendly' ET s.o.bs nearly cause a plane crash!

(the one that does the Zoltan Kodaly 5-note musical gesture at the end - part of which has been likened here to a Hitler salute)

You sure about that? :wierdo:

1039239height370width56.jpg

And another thing...

What's with dumping ships in the middle of the desert? I mean that's just being slovenly now.

As my parents were oft to tell me, put it back where you found it, or more crucially, if its not your property, don't touch it.

Edited by Jonathan Mock
  • 3 months later...

And another thing...

When the mothership is approaching over the top of the Devils Tower is cast a shadow over everyone. How? Its night for goodness sake! Not only that but the only light sources are the spotlights about 20 feet from the ground, the mothership is several hundred feet up in the air, plus the damn thing is lit up like a Christmas tree, it should be giving out light, not blocking it out!

Come to think of it, given that a lot of the alien craft are chucking out gigawatts of light brighter than the spotlights, they don;t seem to generate any shadows from people.

Bad movie, bad!

All that technology, come across the universe, travel faster than the speed of light, and the best medical device they can come up:

Anal probe???

Really??

What if they were redneck family out on holiday? Who said Aliens that come here have to be the smartest out the bunch? Could be their idea of a Sunday outing at Walmart.